Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Christmas Decorating Begins ...

Well ... the Christmas tree is up ... not finished, but it's up. When Griffin was napping yesterday, Mike and I put the Christmas tree up. I put just a few ornaments on it because we have a very touchy/feely child and I wanted to see how he would react to the tree. When he came down the stairs from his nap, he was soooo excited!! Of course he touched the tree and proceeded to take the ornaments off of the bottom branches. We explained the ornaments needed to stay on the tree and he could only touch them while they were on the tree. Boy ... did we go 'round and 'round with that. We are still in the learning stage here. I'm hoping to finish the tree up today ... and hoping even more he will be "over" the tree and not touch it anymore. When the tree is finished, I will take pictures. Right now it looks like a mish-mash due to Griffin's re-decorating.


I did a little more island scrapbooking ... this time with a Christmas twist.

Happy Sunday Everyone!!

9 comments:

Andi said...

Missy, that "island scrapbooking" is really working out well...this is so cute.

Christmas is for the children...put the untouchable ornaments high on the tree and hang some "unbreakables" close to the bottom so Griffin can touch them. I do know a family that put a portable fence around their tree to keep it from toppling over when little hands started pulling things off.

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cute Missy.

My 1st tree in my 1st house with my 1st child, he was 9 mths old and was crawling around on his tummy would go over to the tree and play with the ornaments on the bottom. Well, Christmas eve, during the day he pulled the entire tree over and it fell down :o( I wasn't a happy camper....so I hope G doesn't pull too hard, LOL....

December 20th

SmileyCarrie said...

Hi Missy - just found your blog from Jolene's and thought I would say hello!

Love the bear with the presents you made.. amazing!! Is it for a card?
Great job! :):)

robin c. said...

Good for you for getting your tree up. We still haven't gotten that brave.

Your island scrapbooking could start a new trend. Very clever!

Anonymous said...

He will learn, I had 3 little ones and they learned very quick..... The new pp is awesome, now I'm wishing more and more that I could scrapbook.... I would be sure to get that one.... T

Anonymous said...

I love your bear!!

My sis in law did what Andi suggested and it worked! Brady is 3 now and still touches but doesn't remove them.

I will bet his little face was so cute when he saw the tree. What fun!

Have fun with all of it!

Stay well..

Warmly,
Sue

Cheryl Wray said...

Congrats on getting the tree up and the decorating going along . . . I love a Christmas-decorated house! Just makes me happy, happy!
Your little bear is adorable!!!

Jolene George said...

I can't wait to see your tree. Hey get out the squirt bottle. It works for my kitties. LOL! Just kidding. He will get use to the tree in a few days. For now it's just too darn exciting.
I love your sweet little bears.

Anonymous said...

Okay that bear is just so darned cute! Can't wait to see your tree. But just remember it's so much fun for him to redecorate the tree and that makes it speacial so even if it look wierd and out of sorts it will be a cherished memory for years. Perfect trees come when our kids are grown!