Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bindi, DWTS, The View & More

Is this not one of the cutest vanilla wafer eating, apple juice drinking, dump truck driving boys you've ever seen? Ha ... he had so much fun playing on the back deck with his new truck ...



Did anyone notice I changed the color of my blog? I got tired of the green and decided to change ... really ... I tried every color in the template catalog and this new color is just how I'm feeling right now. I would love, love, love to know how to make a new banner for the top of my blog ... maybe one with G's picture on it ... but right now, it's staying the same old ordinary way it is. Also ... I've added a few new links. And I promise to update my picture when I get one that I like ... considering that picture is a year old!

Last night I was watching the news and they were covering Steve Irwin's (Crocodile Hunter) memorial service in Australia. Bindi Irwin his 8-year-old daughter made a speech about how much she loved her Daddy and how he was her hero and how she and her family would continue educatating people about wildlife. This young girl did this speech with grace and courage ... in front of 5,000 people. I was amazed how well she did ... I feel so bad for the Irwin family. Steve died far too young. I honestly feel we will see great things from Bindi Irwin.

Dancing With The Stars Is Back for season three. It's pretty good. The first week my favorites were Mario Lopez and Emmit Smith. Week two my favorites were Joey Lawrence, Emmitt Smith and Willa Ford. Joey and his partner did an EXCELLENT job ... they just flowed across the dance floor while doing the quick step. Emmitt & Cheryl ... they just have a natural appeal about them. Willa and her partner did a very fun, high energy mambo. Mario Lopez didn't follow the rules ... I was disappointed ... the routine he and his partner did was not even a quick step. Anyway ... Shana Moakler was sent home last night.

The View ... okay ... so I have always LOVED Rosie O'Donnell and I was really looking forward to her joining The View. Now, I'm not so sure how I like her on The View. I know it will take some time to get used to her sharing the desk with other people, and she IS the moderator, so she will probably talk more than the others. My opinion ... the others need to talk more. The first two weeks I felt it was all about Rosie. This past week, I feel like the others are feeling a bit more comfortable having her there. Yesterday when the former governor of New Jersey was on, I expected Rosie to be in charge of the interview. I was surprised to see Elizabeth conducting the majority of the interview instead ... good job Elizabeth!

Racheal Ray ... not sure how much I like this show, even though I LOVE her and have all of her cookbooks. I've watched it only twice, the first one I watched Oprah was on. I was a bit embarrassed about the way Rachael acted. I realize Oprah is her mentor and put her show on the air ... but she really acted school girlish. I tivo'd yesterday's show and watched about the first 10 minutes of it ... I found it boring. She was talking about her first day of school and the lunch she took in her lunch box. The show is about making school lunches healthier for kids. Great topic ... but it was boring. Well, I'm not going to say the entire show was boring because I haven't seen all of it ... but the first 10 minutes ... boring.

I'm elated ... Grey's Anatomy is coming back on tonight ... 'nuf said.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

Well I do helieve he is the cutest!!!!
I had help with my banner so I don't really know how to do it. Go to my blog and click on Lindsay Teagues blog link. Scroll down a bit and she has a thing you can click on where she gives you a step by step tutorial on how to do a banner.
I watched Rachel Ray's show yesterday. That is the only one I've seen. I usually enjoy her (on the food network), but she really borders on annoying...still cute and a great cook, but annoying none the less.