Thursday, August 10, 2006

French Fries Don't Always Come From A Bag

Ha ... sometimes I forget that french fries are actually POTATOS! You know ... I go to the grocery store and choose my favorite Ore-Ida french fries in that familiar red bag.

Well ... last night ... I made french fries from actual POTATOS! I washed them, cut them up, doused them with olive oil, salt & pepper and put them in the oven and baked them. They were delicious!!

I don't think I've ever made french fries from potatos before ... isn't that crazy??

They were GOOD ... so good in fact I do not think I will ever buy the frozen kind again.

If you want "my" recipe here it is:

Cut 4-6 potatoes in 1/4" strips - you can peel them if you want - I didn't
Wash & Dry them
Put them in a large bowl and douse with olive oil
Place them on a cookie sheet
Salt & Pepper - Garlic would be good too
Bake at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes
Half way through I turned mine over

These went really well with the hamburgers Mike grilled (thank you honey!)

2 comments:

Jolene George said...

Sounds DELICIOUS!

Teresa AKA: T said...

Yummy, I used to make my fries like that all of the time, until I became very lazy.