Monday, June 12, 2006

Our New "Tomato Garden"

I have a confession to make ...

I do not have a green thumb. I am the person that will go to the garden supply store a day before people come to visit us to buy new hanging baskets. I never remember to water them. Honestly ... I just have no interest at all in gardening. I love flowers, I love the way my house looks with fresh, blooming hanging baskets around my porch. I love fresh vegetables too, as long as I can buy them from the store.

So I was a bit surprised when I agreed to buy some tomato plants while shopping with Mike and Griffin on Sunday.

I really want our new tomato garden to flourish and grow. I want to eat fresh tomatos that we have grown. I hereby promise to water, nuture and take care of our brand new tomato plants.

So ... let me introduce to you our brand new tomato garden.


Since it's easier to take care of things with a name ... I thought I would name our tomato plants. I would like to introduce Tommy & Tilly.


Mike laying the soil for Tommy & Tilly's new home


Tommy & Tilly moving into their new "home"


Tommy & Tilly love their new soil


Here they are folks Mr. Tommy & Mrs. Tilly Tomato Garden

I will keep you posted on Tommy & Tilly's growth.

No comments: