Saturday, October 22, 2005

Paula Deen ... Sweet Southern Gal

I am a huge Paula Deen fan. If you are not familiar with who Paula Deen is ... boy are you missing out. She is this incredibly, funny, southern chef. She has a show on the Food Network, called Paula's Country Cooking (or something like that). She is just the funniest, most spirited, kindest, lady. I would absolutely LOVE to meet her!

She has a restaurant in Savannah, GA too. My dream is to one day visit Savannah (again ... we went several years ago) and visit her restaurant. It's called The Lady & Sons ... her website is http://www.ladyandsons.com. I just discovered she will have a new magazine too! Oh Joy!! I am soooo excited. The premiere issue is November 2005.

While, I am still a Marth fan ... Paula Deen is my hero!

My Vegetable Soup turned out yummy! My husband returned from a business trip yesterday and when he came in the door ... I asked him to take a look at it. He suggested I remove some of the vegetables, so it would simmer more easily. Oh my goodness ... it was delicious! So good, in fact, we are having it for dinner again tonight.

No comments: