Monday, June 27, 2016

Staying On The Path.



So, I've been thinking about this today. When we were in Florida, we took a hike down Alligator Alley. I'm from Florida, and we certainly knew the dangers we could possibly encounter. When we were hiking the path we could hear the gators bellowing and grunting. They are very good at camouflaging themselves, though we did see a few. The water begins where the tall green grass is growing on either side, there isn't much room on either side to deviate from the path and stay safe. I wanted Griffin in front of me, so I could keep an eye on him and KNOW he was staying on the right path. There was literally danger all around us.

Isn't it the same way in life? We want to stay on the right path as believers in Jesus Christ. Knowing Him. Following Him. Loving Him. Honoring Him. Obeying Him. We all make mistakes sometimes and when that happens, we ask for forgiveness. And we know He has forgiven us. Not because we are good, but because He is. As a parent, I am so thankful to know our son is walking his path for and with Jesus. I pray every single day he will know just how very much Jesus loves him. I pray for his protection. And I pray he will always stay on the path and walk with Jesus.

No comments: