Thursday, February 21, 2013

2nd Grade Field Trip - Science Museum of Virginia

We had a wonderful time at the Science Museum of Virginia of Richmond today! Between the IMAX movie about volcanoes, earthquakes & tornados, the rat basketball, the hands-on lab about the weather and the free time, we had a ball! Griffin is showing the take-home project the children created. It's a weather box that respresents the different layers of the atmosphere ~ stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, exosphere. The sea monsters ~ I'm unsure who is more excited about those Griffin or me! When I was a little girl I always saw them advertised in the back of my Archie comic books but I never had a chance to get any of them. They had the Sea Monster kit in the museum store and we had to get a kit to grow some of our very own! So excited!!

No comments: