Monday, July 25, 2011

Tubing!

We had a fun adventure tubing down the river at Rock Springs in Apopka when we were on vacation in Florida.

Though I lived in Florida the first 36 years of my life I've never gone tubing before. So, this was a first for both Griffin and me.


I have to share this picture because it's the only picture of the tubes I got. It's proof we did actually go "tubing" because all of the water pictures I did get we are just floating and swimming in the water.


This is the boardwalk to the tubing area. Rock Springs is fabulous! It's crystal clear and very cold! You have to take a bit of a walk up to the rocks to get your tube in.


It was neat seeing the turtles ... it's definitely a natural area because we saw several different animals and birds there.


Our little snorkler ...


It's just SO pretty here!


Time for a photo op ... Pop, Mike, Griffin and Nana


Mike, Griffin and me ... notice I'm wearing shorts and a shirt? I did not wear a bathing suit because I thought we were just "going tubing down the river" and I was told to dress accordingly. There was a swimming are there as well ... next time I will know to "YES" wear a swimsuit.


Alligator Warning ... yes, there's warnings because there ARE alligators.

{Read on for more about that}


Pop, Mike and Griffin taking a break ... and Pop pointing something interesting.


Does anything look unusal in this picture?

See all the people around the edge of the water and no one is in the water?

That's because an alligator was spotted in the swimming area and they cleared it out until the gator decided to move on. Granted it was less than three feet long ... but it was still and ALLIGATOR in the waters in which we were swimming.

We had a great, great day in Rock Springs ... next summer when we go back we are most definitely going back!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I haven't been to Rock Springs in years. It was beautiful then and it's still beautiful. They even have a campground. We may have to invite ourselves next time. :)

Debbie said...

You sound like a very proud momma, and have a lot of nice pictures and crafts!