Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Her Name Is Lola ...

This sweet girl showed up at our house yesterday.


She was eating food from our scrap patch and then she came right up to our porch. I checked her collar and there's no number on it. Then she suddenly disappeared.

She was back this morning. You could tell she's either going to have babies or she already has. I tried to get her to lead me to them this morning. She walked around our neighborhood and I followed her all the while asking her to take me to her "home" or "babies". No luck.

She disappeared down to our woods. I thought maybe she went back to her babies. But no, in just a little while she showed up on my back deck. She jumped up on the deck and it's pretty high. I'm thinking she's for sure had the babies.

I led her inside my house to the front porch and put up a child's gate to keep her there. I put a quilt out for her to lay on and gave her water, a hotdog and some cheese.

I called animal control and they came out. He said she's for sure had the puppies and he would do what I wanted. I couldn't let him take her knowing she has babies somewhere around. So, for right now she's still here.

My neighbor said she saw her near our shed. We think that's where the babies are. When her husband gets home from work they will come over and he's going to see if he can find them. I'm too afraid of snakes to look back there. Another neighbor shared some dog food and treats for her.

Anyway ... I'm calling her Lola.

And right now Lola is lazing on my front porch napping in the shade and she can come and go just as she wishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect name! Your dog found you, so now you don't have to look anymore. It was meant to be.

Jeri