Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feeling Crafty: Airplane Birthday!

I've been pretty busy lately with custom orders ... but this weekend I actually made something for US!

I had to take cupcakes to Griffin's school on Monday for his birthday celebration during lunch time.

He said he wanted "airplane cupcakes" so this is what I came up with ...


I cut 2" airplanes out of primary colored cardstock and glued on a little punchie star. I attached them to a toothpick and voila ... cupcake toppers!

They were quick and easy to make.

On Sunday I made this for Griffin's birthday party ...


It took a bit longer {about 2 hours} to cut everything out. I inked the airplanes and clouds for a little added dimension. Then I chalked the clouds using a little bit of blue chalk.

I plan to make matching goody bags as well. And I'm trying to come up with a neat little "Pin the Airplane on the Cloud" game as well. I'll let you know if I get it accomplished.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You are so talented. You should think about custom orders for your banners. That was so cute!