Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our Christmas Tree.

Christmas is by far one of my favorite times of the year.

One of my favorite parts is decorating our Christmas tree. I look forward to this every year. I so enjoy opening up the boxes of Christmas decorations and remembering something about each one.

A friend likened our tree to something that was professionally decorated. That warmed my heart because I truly spend alot of time displaying each decoration.


Over the past 15+ years I have collected all different kinds of decorations. Many of them are handmade by family and friends. Those are the ones I hold closest to my heart.


As you can see in this close up view, many of our ornaments are handmade. See the light blue hand knitted stocking? Aunt Bonnie made that for Griffin. The red heart ornament that looks cross stitched is actually a Hallmark ornament and it reads "1985 Our First Christmas". Love that one too! Of course we have to brighten up the tree with a few fancy, schmancy red glittered balls as well.


From this view you can see many of the handmade dolls and teddy bears I add to the tree each year. These are very special to be because it's the only time of year they are on display. The dolls were handmade by friends many years ago. Most of the teddy bears are either Ty or Boyd's. You will also see many ornaments I've picked up from our travels. Everytime we visit somewhere I pick up a Christmas ornament to add to our tree. I have ornaments from Canada, Seattle, Savannah, Florida, San Francisco, Washington DC, Texas and more places. You will also find alot of ornaments Griffin has made. They are my absolute favorites! I also love displaying little pictures in frames on our tree.


Each year I add two white doves to the very top of our Christmas tree. For me they add the finishing touch that we need. They are placed there in memory of my Momma & Daddy. I love looking up to see them looking down upon us. Truly symbolic I would say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Missy :)
Merry christmas!!

Bonnie said...

You're tree is beautiful. I remember when you used to decorate it for different themes every year. Like Raggedy Ann's one year. Decorating it with love and memories is by far the best tree ever, I think.