Thursday, November 04, 2010

Pumpkin Carving 2010.

Sunday morning it was time for pumpkin carving!


Griffin absolutely, positively wanted to do it "all by himself". He wanted no help at all from me or Mike.


The top is off of mine ... and Griffin is taking a look inside at all the "pumpkin nuts" ... that's what he calls the seeds.


Of course Daddy had to help with the carving of the top ...


And then I let him go ... to create the pumpkin that HE wanted to create.

{Just look at those eyelashes}


I searched online for a skeleton to carve. Griffin LOVES skeletons. Not because of the "scary" factor but he loves ANYTHING to do with the body, organs and how we work as humans. I'll have to share all about that in another blog.

So anyway ... that's what my pumpkin was SUPPOSED to look like.


Here you see the small pumpkin Griffin decorated at Kaitlyn's party on Saturday night. The pumpkin Griffin carved into a traditional jack-o-lantern. He decided he did need a little help after all. But it had to have a "scary" smile. And then you can see my attempt at carving a skeleton into my pumpkin. Not that great, but I did give it a try.

I love pumpkin carving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all very cute:)

Mandy said...

I love Griffin's pumpkin! He did such a good job :-)