Monday, November 29, 2010

Home!

We are home from our wonderful Thanksgiving vacation.

{Is anyone out there still reading my blog?}


{The boys playing basketball in the kitchen last night}

We took the train to Florida this year. Griffin has always wanted to take the train somewhere, so Mike booked us a private room on the Amtrak headed south. It was certainly an adventure. I'll share more about that in later posts.

It was so much fun getting to spend time with family. Lots of quality time. Who could ask for anything better than that?

We enjoyed two wonderful Thanksgivings with family and friends. The first one at my mother-in-law's house with a huge gathering of family and friends. It was so nice to see everyone. Many of my side of the family was able to join us this year. I that! My mother-in-law and her fiance Tony announced their engagement to everyone. We all toasted them with mimosas.

Thanksgiving day we were able to celebrate again with a more intimate group. My brother Jerome, sister-in-law Bonnie, nephew Scott and his fiance Liz. It was so relaxing just to relax, eat and enjoy each other's company. That evening we were joined by Pop & Nana.

We even got to spend a super fun day in Kissimmee/Orlando with our dear friends Fred & Judy. Judy made yummy bbq ribs on the grill, corn on the cob, yellow potatos and a special side of mac & cheese for Griffin. We dared to try to visit the outlet mall in Orlando. Big mistake! Then we tried the Florida Mall. I had to visit the Disney Store to pick up a special gift for Griffin. I'm thinking that was not the best idea to attempt on Black Friday.

Griffin enjoyed a surprise while we were away ... he discovered his first loose tooth. He's soooo excited! He can hardly wait until it comes out and he can leave it under the pillow for the tooth fairy.

He also got to go fishing for the first time with Daddy in Grandma's pond. I can't believe he's almost 6-years-old and this is the first time he's ever gone fishing. He LOVED it!

I have some pictures to share in later posts. Believe it or not I didn't take a gazillion pictures like I normally do. But the memories of this vacation are right here in my heart. =)

4 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like ya'll have a great time! Can't wait to hear about the train. Stef and I rode the Amtrak from CA to WA back in 1988..it was so fun having a private room. Our meals were included, were yours? Glad you made it home safe. Congrats to you MIL!

Bonnie said...

I still read your blog. It was so good to see you for more than 1 day. I loved both Thanksgivings and it was good that more of our family could be there. I have to say I'm glad you didn't take a gazillion pictures...I hate having my picture taken.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Wonderful time!! Next time you come to Florida please let me know. would love to see you again!!

Gramma Susie said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I'd love to take my grandsons on a train trip some day. I didn't even know you could get a "room"! How cool is that? Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving, you deserve it!