Friday, November 12, 2010

Daddy + Momma = Me

From personal experience I know growing up with only one parent is life changing. So life changing in fact, the "before" that parent died are memories I do not really have.

It's funny though ... so many of my extended family members are sharing pictures and stories I am "almost" remembering. I'm hopeful this memory fog will lift and suddenly I will be overwhelmed with memories.

So many times I've wondered "what if" she had lived. How would life have been different? Would I be different in any way?

Don't get me wrong ... I had the best Daddy in the whole entire world. He was an awesome Dad. But sometimes I do wonder ... what if.



This is a one-year-old me. Looks like I was a silly little girl. My sister shared the pictures I am posting today. Of course I do not expect to remember being a year old. But I love seeing this picture.


This is a picture of Momma ... she looks so elegant in this picture.


This is a picture of Daddy. This picture is just so "him". He loved that red Ford pick-up truck. He always wore a baseball hat too. It was usually an Atlanta Braves hat.

So even though I do not have the memories in my head it's nice to see these in pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have pictures :) whom ever took these pictures were making "memories" for you :)

Mandy said...

I love seeing your older pictures. You were so cute with your little dress.

I can't imagine losing my Mama at the age you lost yours. I was 26 and married for 6 months when I lost mine, but I can relate to the memories fading. It is the small things that I miss, like the sound of her voice, the feeling of her hugs, the way she said things, the way she danced...I miss her so much. I hope that these walks down memory lane bring those feelings back for you. Memories are so important to keep our loved ones alive.

Judi said...

I am with Mandy. Memories are so important. Thanks for sharing.