Tuesday, September 14, 2010

43 Today.



Today I turn 43 years old.

This is a birthday I have looked forward to for as long as I can remember.
At least for all of my adult life.

Other birthday in no way can hold a candle (figuratively speaking) to this one.

You see today I am 43.
The same age my mother was when she died.
I was 8 ... almost 9 ... exactly a week after she died.

43.
So young.
With a family.
A full life to still live.

I've always felt if I can just reach this 43rd birthday then I have in some way succeeded.

Today I succeeded.

I am so happy to be a wife, a mother, a sister and a daughter.

I have a very happy and long life to live.
I will do that in YOUR honor Momma.
I love you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISSY!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday to an awesome Sister in law. Yes you made it to 43. Funny how this birthday also affect Jerome at the time. Your mother would be so proud of you and all you have accomplished and the wonderful life you have and the beautiful grandson you have given her. Here's to 43 more wonderful years. Love you!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday!!! I know your Momma would be so proud of you for the mother you are to Griffin. Congratulations on this milestone. I lost my Mama when she was 55, so I know what that birthday will mean to me. Enjoy your day!!!

Cindy Matejka said...

Happy Birthday, and you're doing the right thing for yourself by exercising. You want to be around for Griffin as long as possible! He loves you much, as do I.

Susie Q said...

Your Mother is so proud of you I know...she is watching over you and Griffin and just so happy of all you are!
Happy birthday sweet Missy! Wishing you all the happiness in the world!
Love,
Sue

Cecile said...

Happy Birthday Missy!!!This post is so moving I have had similiar feeling most of my adult life.My dad died at 47 and I always think that with me having most of his genes that if I make it to 47 I will have made an accomplishment.I am so happy for you and I know that your Mom is smiling down on you today!!Love YA!!