Monday, August 02, 2010

A Walk Outside.

I thought I would share a little walk through our yard to see what's blooming right now ...


All three crepe myrtles are HUGE ... with lots of blooms!


I'm so excited to share my homegrown sunflower with you. The sunflower is my all time favorite flower! Earlier this spring Griffin and I planted sunflower seeds and they have finally started to flower!


Well looky there little tomato plant ... you finally decided to give us some fruit. Again we planted these early spring and they are just beginning to grow. Our neighbors have been sharing their tomato harvest (thank you W&C). Maybe we'll be able to share with them soon. Can't wait to make a batch of homemade salsa.


We thought this was a weed growing down near the burn pile. And it actually may be a weed ... however ... let's take a closer look.


The flowers on this weed or plant or whatever it is are absolutely beautiful!


Our butterfly bush is full of purple flowers and gorgeous butterflies. There must have been two dozen butterflies on the bush but when I went to take a picture they would move.

I hope you enjoyed a little walk through our yard ...

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Absolutley LOVE all your flowers. They are gorgeous. The purple "weed" I believe is a wildflower. I remember them from when I was growing up. Can't tell you what they are called though.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy virtual walks...I didn't have to endure the heat and humidity :)

Wendy said...

Don't you just love walking around your own yard exploring, it can be so much fun. I have a strange tree with some sort of fruit on it, I have yet to find out what it is. Watch that butterfly bush it gets kinda large, my neighbor has a very large one and it's not very appealing, looks like a giant weed! lol