Monday, June 28, 2010

Cherry Pocket.

When most people think of Florida I believe they automatically think of Disney World or the beaches.

But the Florida I know and love is completely different.

I'm from Central Florida ... rural Florida.

Old Florida if you will ... land of lakes, spanish moss, palmettos and good 'ole country folk.


We went to a restaurant that fit this description to a tee ... it's called
Cherry Pocket. It's on Lake Pierce.


There's some of those good 'ole country folk right there ... Tony, Mike, Bett and Griffin.


And looky there ... same folks minus Bett and I'm in the mix.


And what is this ... could it be ... nawwwwww ... well ... I declare ... it is ALLIGATOR!


Griffin has been dying to try eating alligator ... and he LOVED it!


Lake Pierce has a large population of alligators. We saw a few while we were having dinner. See that little bump in the water on the left? That's the gator.


Love this sign ... please don't feed the gators.


And our little family after enjoying a wonderful meal with folks we love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the yrs I have lived in Florida, Winter Haven/Lakeland/Lake Wales I have never ate at Cherry Pocket.....guess I need to :)
If Griffin liked it I'm sure I will too.

Bonnie said...

Glad you guys got to try Cherry Pocket. That' where we went for Mother's Day. Good eats, good people, good ol' southern cookin'!