Friday, April 09, 2010

The Pansy Garden.

The other day Griffin and I went to Lowe's to choose some new azalea plants for the front of the house.

While we were there he wanted to get some pansies ... so I let him!


Who's the cutest little bloom on the buggy?


When we got home he helped me unload the Jeep.


Silly faces + pretty flowers = a sweet experience with my little boy.


He enjoyed playing with the tags on the pansies ... just look at that devilish grin.


We decided to put his pansy garden in the big terra cotta pot where our sad little hydrangea was. We've since transplanted the hydrangea in the ivy covered area of our front yard. I think it will flourish there.


Together he and I filled the pot with pretty pansies ... then he watered them.


Here he is posing with his pretty pansy garden. He's been taking really good care of it. Every day he checks to see if it needs to be watered. When it does we pull the hose around and he sprinkles it with water.

Wishing you a GREAT weekend ... see you on Monday!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I had to laugh my butt off of that picture of G on the cart in the middle of the flowers. I laughed to hard I was crying. Bill, my co-worker, thought it was hysterical too. G's pansies are beautiful! Let's hope he doesn't have his mother's green thumb. Although your thumb is alot greener in Virginia than it was in Florida.

Sue said...

I think G is just too "Bloomin Cute" in the cart with all the flowers. hmmm....I seem to remember I used to do a paper piecing with that title..lol.
I'm sure he will make a great gardner, especially since he's getting an early start.

Wendy said...

Love the picture of him amongst the flowers! He is so cute and I know a lot of help!