Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is It Tuesday Already?

The past couple of weeks we've been a sick bunch here at our house.

The Wednesday before last Griffin woke up in the middle of the night with the stomach virus. Both Mike and I were up all night with him. It was pretty bad. For several days after he didn't want to eat anything. At all. This is a kid that is constantly (and I mean constantly) asking for food. We made him eat lunch and dinner. I'm sorry we did that. More about that later.

After Griffin's go 'round. Mike got it. His lasted for several days as well. Again, he didn't want to eat anything.

Even all the cleaning, Lysol Spraying and Clorox wiping didn't keep it away ...

Because, last Wednesday I got it. Ick. That's the perfect word for it. The Ick.

It was bad, bad, BAD!

Why does the virus always seem to hit at night?

I tell you ... I haven't felt that bad in a very long time.

I didn't want to eat for several days after either. I had to force myself to eat a piece of toast here and there. I finally was able to keep a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup down. Honestly, in my world Chicken Noodle Soup is a cure for all that ails.

Now ... back to Griffin not wanting to eat. We mad him eat. Now I feel so, so bad about that because I know how he was feeling. He would take a few bites of food and tell me his tummy was full. Next time I will listen and I will not make him clean him plate should he ever experience another virus like this.

We live and learn don't we?

4 comments:

Gramma Susie said...

Missy-don't feel bad. I still remember making my daughter eat her Rice Krispies before school, then the phone call an hour later that she had lost them in math class. She's almost 30 now, and still won't eat Rice Krispies! And she still reminds me, "I told you I wasn't hungry!" Live and learn is right!

Wendy said...

mY mom made me eat liver and onions and Peas! YUK!

I am glad everyone is feeling better, we have been fortunate enough not to have gotten any of it at all.

deb famularo said...

Oh Missy, yes, we live and learn girl!
- but don't beat yourself up!How were you to know!

I'm glad you're all feeling better. the stomach virus is the worse.........xOxO deb

Bonnie said...

Ditto everyone else. Don't beat yourself up over making him eat. You knew he needed to keep something in there. You did the same for you...eating toast here and there. Just remember next time, baby steps. I'm glad you are all feeling better. It was good to talk to you this morning even if it was only like 30 seconds, lol.