Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Reading.

Reading is a passion of mine.

Always has been, as long as I can remember.

As a teenager I remember going to this used book store in Winter Haven called Book Traders over on Central Avenue. I would get used teeny bopper magazines and lots of books to read for about a quarter a piece.

I remember one of the first was "Children In The Attic". Gosh, for the life of me I can't remember the author's name.

I would read an entire book in a day.

It's been a very long time since I've done that.

But I did it today. Catherine Coulter's Hemlock Bay. It was very good. I read it in about 6 hours give or take a little bit. I of course had to take time to play with Griffin, ride the golf cart around Grandma's house with him and eat lunch.

Reading ... one of life's most precious gifts.

2 comments:

goodgirl said...

Reading is such a joy. V.C. Andrews wrote Flowers in the Attic - not sure if that is the same one you are talking about. I grew up watching my Mom read and became an avid reader in jr. high. I snuck a lot of her books and read them in high school. Having 2 little ones really limited my reading, especially with having to read children's books for my job. At the end of 2008, I read the Twilight series - everyone at work had read it! I found the joy of reading again and haven't stopped. I have managed to make time to read and even joined goodreads.com to keep track of what I have read. A friend at work and I have had our own little book club. I have read several books I wouldn't normally have read. Enjoy your reading - it is a wonderful escape and good for the brain too!

Bonnie said...

I just love reading. I can't read a book in a day, but I try. Give me a good murder/mystery and I'm good to go.