Monday, November 09, 2009

Bourbon Chicken ~ Like At The Mall.

I love bourbon chicken from the mall food court ... it's one of my favorite meals ever.

The other day I decided to Google "Bourbon Chicken" and I found a number of recipes. I decided to take these recipes and make my own version.

I have to tell you ... it was delicious ... easy ... and cheap to make!

I served it with chow mein noodles boiled and then stir fried with a brocolli, green bean, carrot mixture and egg rolls.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished product ... I assure you it was tantalizing and tasty!

Here's my version for Bourbon Chicken ~ Like At The Mall.

1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (about 7)
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons bourbon (we had some in our pantry) you can sub syrup
6 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cloves garlic (I used mince)

Preparation:

First I took the skin off the chicken thighs. I then put the chicken in a large ziplock bag.

Then take all of the other ingredients and mix together in a bowl. Once all mixed together pour into the ziplock bag with the chicken. I marinated in the refrigerator all day, turning the bag over occasionally so all that marinade goodness could get to all the chicken.

Once you are ready to cook ... pour everything into you baking dish. I used a 9 x 13 glass pan.

Cook on 350 degrees for about 30 minutes to an hour. It really depends on how thick your chicken thighs are. Baste occasionally to make sure they are entirely coated with the marinade. I also turned mine over a coule of times. It took mine about 35 minutes to cook thoroughly. Make sure your meat thermometer reads at least 170 degrees on the thickest part of the chicken and the juices run clear.

Try it ... it's SO easy ... and VERY delicious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello- When you say you can sub syrup on the chicken recipe what kind of syrup do you mean?
I can't wait to try this recipe out!
Have a good one~
Tara

Cecile said...

Cole loves this at the mall i am gonna get the stuff and make it also..Thanks for sharing:)