Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Apple Picking On Carter Mountain.

We went apple picking at Carter Mountain Orchard yesterday.

It was SO much fun! I've never been apple picking before and I was very excited to go.

Most of you all know I'm from Florida and we had plenty of orange trees and grapefruit trees in our yard there ... but honestly ... to see apple trees ... well, that just AMAZES me! I've seen a few here and there in our area, but this is the first time I've been up close to apple trees. I was in heaven!

I really, really, REALLY want to get one for our yard ... maybe I can make that happen soon.

Okay ... so on with the apple picking ...


There's the really wonderful place over in Charlottesville called Carter Mountain Orchard. It's only about 30 minutes from our house. I sometimes forget how close the mountains are to us. We usually head east when we go somewhere ... I have to remember there are some of the most amazing things to do out west of us.


Not only can you pick your own apples ... they have huge wooden bins of a dozen different apples you can purchase too. Griffin is all about green & yellow apples lately. His favorite is the golden delicious even though he's holding a granny smith here.


While we were waiting for our friends to arrive Griffin and I did a little exploring. He wanted to check out these mums.


I love pictures of kids running free ... here we see Griffin, Sam and Sarah running toward the apple orchard.


Who needs to pull from the tree when there is plenty on the ground to choose from.


Griffin and Sam taking a little break admiring their apple selections.


It was quite a hike over to the Fuji apple orchard ... this is a picture looking back over to the main Apple Barn.

Love. Love. Love this view!

See that little cloudy thing in the top right of my picture? It comes and goes ... especially when it's cool out. It does go away, but pops up in some of my pictures when I really wish it wouldn't.


Griffin doing the "Apple Scootin' Boogie" on top of the mountain!


Our friends ... the wonderful Hall family ... picking apples!


Look at "them there" apples at the top of "that there" tree ... lol ... is that country enough for you? Remember I *am* a southern gal!


Love this picture of the single red apple laying among the many golden apples.


Our sweet, most amazing ... little country boy!

We are most definitely going back to the apple orchard. I know Daddy, Grandma, Pop & Nana would ALL love to visit.

We look forward to many, many more visits to the top of Carter Mountain!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Looks like another fun adventure for Griffin and Mommy...memories are definitely in the making for you guys these days!

Scrapbook Studio said...

What fun! Y'all have the best times..Griffin is a loved little man:)

Bonnie said...

I grew up with apple orchards, so coming to FL and seeing orange groves is kinda like you with apple orchards. What fun you guys always have. I know Grandma, Pop, Nana and Daddy would enjoy it too.

Colleen Wms said...

There's nothing like fresh picked apples out of Nelson or Albemarle County. We got a bunch from Flippin-Seaman orchard http://www.flippin-seaman.com/ last year and intend to get back there real soon.
No one in my house will eat store bought apples anymore!

Anonymous said...

I live in Hernando and Sassy Sue is moving to Orlando/Clermont/Apopka (wherever her SIL demands)

So I say "let's get together. We're all three SCRAPBOOKERS and I'm addicted to stamps!!!

Hello GPS!!!!