Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Celebrating.

Wow ... what a wonderful birthday!

We celebrated all weekend long.

Saturday night we enjoyed a night out at our favorite Virginia BBQ restaurant, Famous Daves. Not only were we celebrating my birthday, we were also celebrating Mike's achievement of getting his private pilot's license!

Sunday night Mike cooked my birthday dinner. I have to say he is a grill master and he prepared the BEST steak I've ever eaten.


He grilled us a ribeye and we served it with grilled onions, sweet potato and green beans with garlic. Yum!!


Oh yeah ... I can't forget his famous dill sauce ... DELICIOUS!


The boys made me the best birthday cake ever! It's chocolate fudge cake with whipped milk chocolate icing. It's just what I wanted and the boys were sweet enough to make it for me.


Look closely at the birthday cake ... I told Mike you can definitely tell an engineer iced it. Me? I slap the icing on the cake any way I can. He took the time to make it all nice and pretty.


Last night after dinner it was time to blow out the candles, but we were out. The only candle we could find is the one from our 30th birthday party ... so we used it. Mike gave me the BEST gift last night ... he made me 12 years younger, if only for a second.

Thank you Mike, Griffin and my family and friends for making this the BEST birthday ever.

I love you ...

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Sometimes just spending the day with your family is the Best! Looks like you had a great day and a Great Cake, hey, can I borrow those candles for my next Birthday?

Mandy said...

lol...so I actually did turn 30 in June...had to rub that in.

You had a wonderful Birthday Day! That was really sweet of Mike and Griffin to bake you a cake and make you dinner. It all looked delicious!

goodgirl said...

Will you share the dill sauce recipe? I love dill dip and have a hard time finding it!
Jodie

Bonnie said...

What a great way to spend your birthday...allllll weekend. Everything looks soooo yummy.

Susie Q said...

Now that is thebest way to spend a birthday!
I know I sen you wishes on Facebook but I wanted to send them to you here too!
42? SOOOO young!!! I remember 42..I think. : )
AND, you look marvelous!!
Love an dhugs,
Sue