Friday, August 21, 2009

The Silver Diner.

We were in town last night and looking for a place for dinner.

We decided to stop by The Silver Diner ... and let me just say ... it was one of the BEST decisions ever!


Mike and Griffin walking into the diner.


The decor is so cool and they have a real working juke box ...


Griffin enjoyed choosing songs from our table ...


I was impressed with the real Crayola crayons they give the kids.


Griffin was pleasantly surprised when we allowed him to order a chocolate milk shake to enjoy with his dinner. Honestly ... that's a first for him.


You may be asking ... well, how was the food?

Oh my gosh ... it was delicious! I had to take a picture of my plate. I ordered the BBQ Burger With Avocado. It was served with bacon, swiss cheese, a thick slice of avocado, southwest dressing and I asked them to add grilled onions. It was literally the BEST hamburger that I've ever had. It was so thick I could not even fit it in my mouth. I had to eat it with a knife and fork.

We had the BEST of waitresses as well. Her name was Janet and she far exceeded the 110% customer satisfaction they guarantee.

It was such a pleasant experience ... I would like to go back right now.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks for making me HUNGRY!!! lol It does sound like a great place to eat and a new experience for Griffin.

Anonymous said...

oh man I want one.. We have a place called Islands here I think they have the best burgers that we can get any where. Have a super weekend...
Terri

Wendy said...

I have never eaten there, sounds alot like red robin. I love a burger with avocado! YUM

Judi said...

You are making me hungry. Do you take your camera everywhere. LOL I never think to take pictures of food. It looks so good.

Bonnie said...

Looks Mahvelous. Making my mouth water and it's only 9am. May have to make a trip to 5 Guys.

Bonnie said...

Looks Mahvelous. Making my mouth water and it's only 9am. May have to make a trip to 5 Guys.

Cecile said...

Yum!!!
We have a similiar restaurant down town Savannah but it's been years since I have eaten there it is owned by Savannah College Of Art & Design and when I did eat there it was yummy:)We have a 5 Guys now but I haven't made it there yet..Maybe soon:)