Friday, May 22, 2009

The Dancey Dancey Show.

One of my favorite shows aired it's season finale on Tuesday night.

I love watching Dancing with the Stars. I've watched it from the very first season and it just gets better and better each time.


My two favorite dancers this time around was Melissa Rycroft and Gilles Marini. And I must say, though he wasn't the best dancer ... Ty Murray put a tug on the old heartstrings too.

Honestly, I was shocked ... SHOCKED! ... when Shawn Johnson was named the winner. It's not that she wasn't a good dancer, because she was. But Melissa and Gilles were both far more talented on the dance floor.

Oh well ... I guess it really does come down to fan votes.

Another of my favorite dancing shows (Griffin calls them my dancey dancey shows) is So You Think You Can Dance. It started last night and I've recorded it. Can't wait to see that.

Another thing I really loved about Dancing with the Stars this season is two So You Think You Can Dance contestants were pros on DWTS. Both Lacey Schwimmer and Chesie Hightower were previously on SYTYCD. I love that.

Anyway ... enough about my dancey dancey shows.

Hope you have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I've never watched SYTYCD and this season I didn't really watch any TV and no one excited me on DWTS. Of course Jerome kept me up to date on DWTS and IDOL which I don't want either. Have a wonderful, safe, holiday weekend.

Mandy said...

I love Dancing With the Stars too. I haven't seen the finally yet, but I did hear on "The Insider" that Shawn won. I was shocked as well, but like Apollo Ono said, an Olympian has never made it to the finally and not won. I was also a Ty Murray fan...he did great! I hate Jewel had to back out though.

Brenda Eason said...

I was in total shock. I like you agree she was okay,but not the best. She had alot of fans.
Last night was a joke.I saw little dancing.

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning--I will miss you very much this weekend--remember the Homosassa weekends together. Wish we could have shared them with Grif. Love yea GMa.

Anonymous said...

see I have to disagree with one part, Shawn was better than Melissa and I was shocked too that Gilles didn't win, although I was pretty impressed because I wanted Shawn to win!

deb famularo said...

I absolutely felt the same exact way- My mouth was hanging open!
I was a Melissa fan since day 1, but Gilles grew on me. Shawn beat them both in the freestyle and that's what won it or her. (Chery;le's Flashdance was all about her!) You'd think Tony would learn that hip hop NEVER wins the free style! Ugh!!!!!! I really wanted TONY to win! And Cheryl bugs me lately! Oh well.....

Andi said...

I loved DWTS this season. I'll admit that I actually picked Shawn Johnson to win the first night of the season and was delighted that she won. I loved watching Gilles and Melissa but was pulling for my American Olympic girl Shawn. This season's top 3 were far and away the most talented dancers they've had thus far.

I've never watched So You Think You Can Dance. I'll have to check it out.