Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Disney World: The Rides

Today we continue with our trip to Disney World ...


After meeting Daisy Duck we took a train ride over to Mickey Mouse's Toon Town


Our family entering Toon Town ... this is where they have the rides mostly for the young ones.


This has always been a favorite ride of mine at Disney. Mike and Griffin riding the race cars. He LOVED this ride.


We then ventured over to the Dumbo ride ...


After the Dumbo ride Griffin wanted to play in the water area near Ariel's grotto. I did take his bathing suit, but decided he wouldn't get "that" wet playing there. Well, he did. He got soaked. But that was okay because I had brought him a change of clothes. It was a great way for him to cool down. You'll notice in other pictures he's wearing blue camo short and a blue shirt.


Mike and Griffin riding the Tea Cups ...


We all rode the Rocket Ships ... Griffin and I rode together on this one. He was in control of the "ship" and kept us airborne the entire time.


This is the Ferry Boat Ride that goes around Tom Sawyer's Island. It was a fun way to cool down. In all my times at Disney World ... I think this was the first time I've ever ridden it. Griffin LOVED it.


This is a picture of the boys on Thunder Mountain Railroad. I was in the seat ahead of them.

Griffin loved all of the rides ... but his favorites were Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. He is fearless. These are adult rides, folks. He was tall enough to ride both of them. He wanted to ride them over and over.

I have a picture of us on Splash Mountain that Disney took ... but I can't lay my hands on it this morning.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yikes, Big Thunder Mountain AND Splash Mountain?????? You're little guy is brave. I just love those rides too. Now I have someone else who will ride them with me. You know I rode BTM before it even opened to the public. They used employees to test it, lol. I just love Disney. You never get too old for Disney. And Griffin is just at the perfect age where he could really enjoy it. Cant' wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

I remember a time I took my lil nieces and nephews on the T-cup ride, and spun that sucker so good, we all were a bit green when we got off (that was back in 1956)----thanks for the memory flashback, great pics by the way.

Sue said...

Seeing the Show Boat brought back memories of our trip to Disneyland in CA. We went on the 4th of July and took the Show Boat out just before the fireworks were to go off...it was great watching them from the boat!
Great pictures Missy, looks like ya'll had a fantastic time.