Sunday, March 01, 2009

Happy Things.

Saturday was a day of happy things.

Yes ... my family made me happy ... they always do.

But, I'm talking about things.


I got a surprise in the mail from my dear friend
Julie. She sent me these darling Coca-Cola pot holders with a handwritten note inside the package. It was just so sweet and very thoughtful. That was the first of my happy things.


And the newest issue of "Cooking With Paula Deen" arrived in my mailbox too. That makes me double happy. Well ... maybe even triple happy.

Griffin and I did a little running around uptown. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a new Target and new Joann's was going to open soon. I drove by just to see if the Joann's was open. And it was! They opened on Friday. Woo Hoo ... almost everything in the store was 40-50% off. Their 12x12 cardstock was only $.30 a sheet. I even found the true red and true black I've been looking all over creation for!


Then it was off to Walmart. We needed a few groceries. I saw this premiere issue of Sandra Lee's new magazine "Sandra Lee Semi Homemade". I've watched her show a few times. I can't say that I'm a die hard fan of hers like I am Paula Deen. But I thought I would buy the magazine to see what it's all about. I'm all for making things easier in the kitchen.


Then we mosey'd on over to the book section. Since I read Tori Spelling's "Stori Telling" last night, I decided to get a new book to read. I have to tell you, I did enjoy Tori's book. She's not the stuck-up, rich girl she's made out to be. I kinda like her. Anyway ... I digress ... I picked up this book by Debbie Macomber (one of my favorite authors). It's called "Married In Seattle". I plan to begin reading it tonight after Griffin goes to bed.

Griffin got a few happy things too. He chose some airplane and helicopter stickers from Joann's and also a Dora the Explorer bucket. At Walmart I allowed him to choose a toy since he's been such a good boy all week. Of course, he chose a John Deere tractor complete with trailer and hay bales.

On the way home I decided to stop by a place that I've been going by for several weeks. They have these huge BBQ smokers outside and they offer lots of different BBQ offerings such as chicken, pork and beef. I picked up a slab of ribs and some chopped pork. Happy. Happy. Happy. I'll share with you how it tasted after we have it tonight for dinner.

Being happy ... isn't that what life is all about?

How about leaving a comment about the things that are making you happy.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Saturday my Friend! Sounds like it was a very Happy Productive Day!!!

Unknown said...

it sounds like a lovely day! my hubby did our taxes and we're getting over 16k back... that's a really happy day! :)

Andi said...

Sounds like a positively perfect day! I saw Tori Spelling's book out in paperback now and thought about getting it...now I'll have to for sure.

I got my Paula Deen magazine too and will be looking at it too.

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

Happiness is where you find it. Right now I am still elated over finding where the Best Buy store is, and looking forward later today in going there and hopefully coming home with a new DVD player, so I can make use of all my netflix discs once again.

Kellie Staton said...

I thought I would say hello. I talked to your mom on the phone today. Crazy, huh? My name is Kellie. My dad is Tony (who, hopefully, you have heard of,LOL). I scrapbook too so your mom told me about your blog.

Anyway, nice to meet you :)