Saturday, February 21, 2009

Broccoli Cornbread Recipe.

Today I thought I would share one of my all time favorite recipes.

Though I have shared this recipe before ... it's so good, I thought some of my newer blogging friends might enjoy it as well.

Broccoli Cornbread is a great side dish. It's a tasty way to get our children (and broccoli phobic adults) to eat broccoli.



The ingredients are pretty simple ... most of the items needed you probably already have in your pantry and refrigerator. I make it a little bit different from the original recipe. So, I'm thinking I will share both my version and Jeri's version.


Mmmmmm ... fresh out of the oven.


Just look at this warm and buttery yummy delight!

Brocolli Cornbread Recipe
Originally from Jeri Glave


1 Box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 Stick Butter - softened
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Small Onion Chopped
3/4 cup Cottage Cheese (I use sour cream instead)
1 Package Chopped Broccoli - thawed and liquid squeezed out
4 Eggs

Mix all ingredients together
Pour into Pam'd 8x8 casserole dish
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes

Broccoli Cornbread Recipe
Missy's Version


1 Box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 Stick Butter - softened
1 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup sour cream - I never keep cottage cheese in my fridge
1 Package Chopped
Broccoli - thawed and liquid squeezed out
4 Eggs

Mix all ingredients together
Pour into Pam'd 8x8 casserole dish
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes

Though my recipe is quite similar to the original ... I leave the onions out and I use sour cream instead of the cottage cheese.

This is a really good recipe.

If you make it ... let me know how you like it!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that you gave two versions! i'd be much more likely to try yours. i'm going to make this next time i have a mind to make cornbread... i love variations on cornbread and corn pudding!

Sue said...

Ya lost me at Brocolli....
I'm not a veggie eater, but the rest of the family is. Laura especially loves brocolli and cornbread so I think I will try your recipe on her as a surprise. Have you ever tried it with mushrooms added? I don't care for mushrooms either...but Laura seems to put them in everything! I think for now I will just try your recipe first.

Mandy said...

I am going to try it your way, but add the onion back in. I love onions...lol

Anonymous said...

I just love that stuff. I think I can eat it alone and make a meal. Yummy

Deborah said...

Hmm...might have to try it!

Andi said...

That saounds really good with the brocolli Missy. Both Gene and I love brocolli so I may just have to try your recipe. I make something similar with a can of whole corn and creamed corn...in place of the brocolli but I only use 1 egg. I'll let you know when I try this.

Donielle said...

I can vouch that this stuff is really good. Someone in our family made it a couple of years ago, and the recipe was definitely passed around. We all love it!

Wendy said...

THat looks and smells so good! LOL

I can almost taste it by just looking at it. Definetly something I am going to try. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I love brocoli and cornbread...wonder if I'd like this??

NANCY LEFKO said...

Sounds and looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!