Friday, December 26, 2008

Cutting A Trail.

After unwrapping gifts and a hearty breakfast of pecan pancakes and sausage, Mike decided it would be a good time to cut a trail through our woods down to the creek that runs through our property.

We have almost eleven acres and quite honestly there's alot of area that I've never stepped foot on. Now that we have the Polaris it will be easier to reach. I especially love the area down by the creek. One day I would love to put a picnic table down there.


My handsome husband ...


Mike and Griffin cutting some of the underbrush ...


Though not a great picture ... it is all three of us together.


Mike and Griffin making their way further into the woods ...


Taking a break to watch the creek trickle ...


Griffin had fun playing in the creek with a stick ..

I have to tell you ... my mother-in-law Bett finished painting our living room for us. Can you believe that? We've had two of the four walls painted in our living room for a few months. We could never find the time to finish up the other two walls. Well, as I was baking, cooking and wrapping gifts she decided her Christmas gift to us was to finish painting the walls. Isn't that awesome?!?! I will finally get some pictures hung on the walls and curtains back on the windows!!

4 comments:

Judi said...

What a pretty creek. I think you are going to have so much fun in your Polaris.

Donielle said...

Wow..a picnic table would be awesome down there! My girls and I love walking through the woods, but ours looks nowhere near as great as yours. You guys will have a blast.

Heidi said...

I always love when you post pics of your house. It is so beautiful. The creek is amazing. How fun for Griffin to go exploring down there. :) Smiles, Heidi

Andi said...

What a beautiful piece of property you have. And such a wonderful place to raise a little boy where he can run and jump and have adventures!

How nice of Bett to paint for your. I'm sure it looks great!