Monday, November 17, 2008

The Porch Addition.

Mike took advantage of the beautiful weather (though cold!) to get some work done on the porch addition yesterday.

He works on this project every chance he gets. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful, amazing and talented husband.


I thought I would share a picture of the back of the house. The picture you see here is the original size of the house.


And here you see the most amazing project my husband is working on. The smaller part of the addition (the part in the middle) will be my office/scrapbook studio. The bigger part is a two-car garage on the bottom and a master suite on the top. Can you see the green color on the top peak of the larger part of the addition? That's the color we will be painting our house.


Here's a closer view of the addition in progress. When my parents-in-law were here in October, my FIL Ray and Mike worked together to get the framing completed. Mike is now working on getting it finished. It will be SO nice to have a closed in porch this coming spring to enjoy!

7 comments:

Sue said...

WOW!! You have a beautiful house there. You are lucky Mike is so handy...he's doing a great job. I'm sure that porch will be nice in the spring/summer, wish we had one.

Wendy said...

That is going to be great when it's done and you are Lucky to have a handy hubby. I am lucky if I get a light bulb changed! LOL

Mandy said...

Wow! You are building on another house :o) I am sure you will enjoy that office/scrap room. That is exactly what I need, a space of my own!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

Your very fortunate that Mike is as handy with tools as he is---I can't calculate how much money your saving having Mike do all the work he is doing---you must be one hell of a cook (lol). Your house is magnificent---

Judi said...

That looks beautiful. Do you loan out Mike for side jobs. Say in California!!! LOL

Bonnie said...

Mike's been a busy, busy boy. He won't know what to do with himself in Florida with no porch to build, lol. I'm sure he could use the rest. I can't wait to see the porch when it's finished (hopefully up close and personal).

Bonnie said...

Mike's been a busy, busy boy. He won't know what to do with himself in Florida with no porch to build, lol. I'm sure he could use the rest. I can't wait to see the porch when it's finished (hopefully up close and personal).