Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Just A Few Thoughts.

This picture has nothing to do with today's post ... but really, what is a post without a picture? This is Sarah, my mother-in-law's black lab ... she was ready for a ride on the golf cart.


I thought I would share a few thoughts and answer a couple of questions about my 99 things ...

I've decided not to do the Pre-Made Blog Banner Blog ... it's just not me. I enjoy making them for friends and for myself, but that's it. So, I deleted it. I still have my Paper Piecing Blog (you can find the link to the right) and I will most definately still sale on Ebay.

Mmmmmm ... I have been skinny dipping. I don't know why I didn't highlight that one. Ladies ... does that mean I've lived??? LOL!!

I've been turkey hunting with Mike in Texas. He's the one that actually bagged the turkey and I helped him clean it. Does anyone care to guess how you remove the feathers? It's too disgusting to share!

Bonnie, I can't believe you can't remember when we "sort of" hitched hiked. I know we've talked about it since I posted it ... but remember when we ran out of gas over near Sonny's BBQ? We were walking to the gas station and this really nice woman stopped to pick us up and said we shouldn't be walking along the road? We looked at each other like should we get in the car since we didn't know her ... we decided it was better than walking. She was playing Christian music on the radio and she even waited for us to fill up the gas can we borrowed from the carpet business and took us back to the car. That's why I call it "sort of" hitch hiking because we didn't instigate the ride.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I have been pondering the "hitchhiking" incident since you put it on your blog and we talked about it. My mind seems to be remembering bits and pieces, but I still really don't remember that. Yes, I am feeling better. Whatever it is has decided not to make me sick (Thank you God). Can't wait until Friday.

Sue said...

About the Turkey...did you plunge it into boiling water and then pluck the feathers? lol
That's how we did it when we had chickens on the farm in Nebraska.
Oh! and YES...I'm still working at the thrift store...it's doing good. I also have a new employee...ROSE! I swipped her away from Goodwill. She started working for us full time last week.
We're having a blast working together again. Now if we can just get Shirley, the Golden Girls will be back together agin.

Cindy Matejka said...

Wow, you have made up for not blogging for a couple of days. Miss you and see you when you return to Goochland :)

Mandy said...

Our Sammy loves to ride on a golf cart too...lol. Glad to know you have lived a little now :o)

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

I have never been what you might call a wealthy man, but on the otherhand I have never been reduced to skinning birds for food either----at least no yet anyway.

Anonymous said...

cute picture!

I've NEVER been skinny dipping Missy :) seriously....

Why did you decide against the banners?

Wendy's Blog said...

Yes, skinny dipping and you've lived!!!!! laugh. Nothing like skinny dipping, thought you had too living in Florida. I Live In Pa (north of you) and we skinny dip each summer, at least once!!!