Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall ... From My Window

The leaves were beginning to change when we were in Ohio ...

But on our way home is when we saw some really amazing fall colors as we drove through Pennsylvania.

I have this "thing" about fall leaves and barns ... so I thought I would share a few of my favorite pictures I took as we were driving down the interstate in the car.


Isn't this absolutely beautiful ... fall foliage & a barn??


Some people say "God paints the earth in flowers" ... well, this time of year "He paints the earth with fall foliage"


This was a beautiful view ... the colors are muted because we are looking through the car window


Isn't this farm/barn wonderful? I want to live there!


Fall ... aaahhhhh ... MY time of year!


And another beautiful farm ...


Griffin LOVED watching these windmills ... they were all over the place. He called them "windows".

It was a beautiful drive ... I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Great pictures. You really know how to make a girl homesick. The colors on the trees are absolutely gorgeous. And I love barns, too. Maybe it's because it reminds us of the simpler life (although it really wasn't simpler was it?). I don't know, I just know barns and fall are a great mix.

Wendy said...

WOW! Great pictures!

Looks like the scenery of the ride was as good as the trip!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

That is the one thing the east coast has that I sorta envy, the change of seasons, and like you, the wild splash of color in the fall.---other than that couple of weeks in the fall, I will stick to the wide open ruggedness of the Soutwest mountains and desert. Nice pics, (being an ex-pennsylvanian, was almost nostalgic)

Jess said...

It looks like a cushion of colourful trees.
You enjoy it wjile it lasts. ;)

Judi said...

It looks beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

Cecile said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures we don't see anything like that in Savannah:))

Sue said...

Great pictures Missy! I've been taking some here in Washington as well...love being up here in the fall..so pretty. I'll post them when I get back. Also...I had the trip from HELL on the plane...took over 24 hours for me to get here! longggggg story..lol