Friday, October 24, 2008

Creating Jack-O-Lanterns.

We did something fun yesterday ...
We created jack-o-lanterns!

This is the first time Griffin has done this and he loved it! He loved drawing the picture on the pumpkin and getting the gooey goo and seeds from inside the pumpkin.

C'mon ... I'll show ya!


Our pumpkins before they became jack-o-lanterns


Pop getting ready to draw the face on the big pumpkin


Nana and Griffin drawing the face on the little pumpkin he chose from Mrs. Harris' pumpkin patch


Getting the "guts" out is the FUN part!


Everyone got in on the pumpkin carving action ...


Daddy and Griffin carving away as Mommy looks on ...


This is ALOT of fun!!


Now it's time to get the guts out of the big pumpkin!


Daddy and Griffin showing off their completed pumpkin


The cutest little pumpkin in the patch with his two jack-o-lanterns


I think they look very nice on our porch with the other two pumpkins and scarecrow. I love the multi-colored pumpkin and the white pumpkin too!


And this is what our jack-o-lanterns look like all lit up at night.

This was really fun ... it's definately going to become an annual tradition!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

That was fun....I don't think I'm gonna carve my pumpkin that I got last weekend. Of course if Wade comes over, I'm sure he'll carve it. They look fantastic on your porch. You are so creative with everything. And you can tell everyone had such a good time doing it. What a great tradition to start.

Cindy Matejka said...

This is so cute. I can't wait until Matthew is old enough to decorate. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!
I saw someone using power tools to carve pumpkins, made it look so much easier LOL. Wondering if a turkey carver would work

Judi said...

I don't get to carve pumpkins any more. My adult kids did there's last night and I wasn't invited. I guess I will have to wait for Grandkids.

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

This is a PHEEnomenal posting, by the time I finished it, I was almost ready to make a run for the local pumpkin patch and get me one of them punkin's----but then I had to remember I was an adult---a senior adult no less----and we got our dignity and all-----and I didn't have a kid handy to cover for me---oh well (sigh)

Cecile said...

Isn't it just the best to have those type of family traditions???
We have been carving a jack-o-lantern since Cole was born and he loves it too:))Now, Ya gotta scrapbook those awesome pictures I know I saw some cute pumpkin Paper Piecings in your Ebay store:))

Sue said...

Wow...what a great way to start a tradition! I see you got your white pumpking too...I've never seen one of those. I miss carving pumpkins with the kids :(

Colleen Wms said...

You are such a wonderful mommy Missy!

Andi said...

What great pumpkins! And yes, that little Griffin is the cutest in the patch!!! Love the picture with his hand in the pumpkin getting the "goo" out!!!