Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Equinox.

Oh my goodness ... it's Fall Ya'll!

Today is the fall equinox ... the day when night and day are of equal length, making today the first day of fall.

I *love* fall ... it's my favorite time of the year. All of the senses come alive ... I love the colors, the smells, and the cooler weather.

I'm in heaven when fall comes around ...

This weekend we had a very nice, cooler two days. It was nice to stay home and do some family things around the house. Our neighbor girls came over to play on Saturday. They have such creative imaginations and Griffin always enjoy playing with them when they get a chance to get together.


Together they created a "beach" on the picnic table ...


Cheers ... after all of that fun playtime they were in serious need of some Koolaid water!

Another thing I love about fall is the new television season begins. Guess what that means? Yep ... Dancing with the Stars! It starts tonight and I can hardly wait!

6 comments:

Sue said...

HAPPY FALL MISSY!!

Bonnie said...

It was cooler here this weekend but nothing like what you have. How I miss the fall. I just never will get used to not having seasons here in FL. I miss New England, especially in the fall. Griffin looks like he was having a good time witht the girls.

Judi said...

Happy Fall!! I am excited about Dancing as well!!

Cecile said...

Happy Fall Missy!!!
To answer your question on my blog I have met Paula Deen at The "Lady And Sons" Restaurant and she is the same as on TV a Southern Charm.
Jeff met her hubby while working near their home and he is also a very nice person.Gotta love the "Lady" and her yumminess!!!!
Have a good day!!!

Andi said...

Happy Fall Missy!!!

Yay...Dancing With The Stars stars tonight!!! I'll be watching too.

Honeyed Hashette said...

Fall is my ALL TIME FAVORITE SEASON EVER! Why, do you ask? Well...
a) the temperature is perfect for sitting on the porch drinking a cup of coffee while reading
b) fall clothes are cuter
c) all the bugs go away for MANY months (hurray)
d) it's an excuse to cook and bake to my little hearts desire
e) it means Thanksgiving is coming and that is my all time favorite holiday

Those are some good reasons, right?
I love all these pictures and Griffin is sure a happy boy!

Have you been watching Project Runway?