Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Breakfast With Melinda.

Melinda invited me to get together for my birthday ... so yesterday morning we went to Java Jodi's for brunch. I had some awesome corn chowder and a wonderful frozen vanilla coffee. Yum!!!


Melinda is the one of the very first people I met when I moved here to Virginia. For the past five years we've gotten together each year to celebrate our birthdays. Melinda is one of THE most amazing, warm, and loving friends in the world. She's the kind of person that you know you can call if you ever need her. She is the "real deal" ... what you see is what you get ... she's always herself. I'm very lucky to be able to call her my friend.


She surprised me with an incredible birthday gift. It's a family bible ... and it's engraved with our last name on it. She is a wonderful gift giver ... I wish I had her knack for finding just the right thing for just the right person. I absolutely LOVE this family bible.

It was truly a wonderful celebration, with a wonderful friend.

7 comments:

Judi said...

What a beautiful gift!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

yes I agree with Judi, it appears to be one fine present. I am curious, what version of the Bible did she give you?

Bonnie said...

What a thoughtful gift. I love it. You are a lucky girl to have such wonderful friends. I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

Andi said...

What a lovely gift. The picture of you and Melinda is wonderful. I'm glad you had fun celebrating your birthdays together.

Cecile said...

I love the picture of you and your friend!!!Scrapbook Moment!!!That is an awesome gift too:))

Colleen Wms said...

Java Jodi's is such a great place in our community. What a thoughtful gift from your friend. Glad you guys have maintained your birthday tradition.

Sue said...

You look great Missy! It's so nice to have good friends. Such a great gift too..one that you will treasure for years to come and possibly pass down to Griffin and his family.