Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Finally!

Last night we had some errands to do uptown, so we first had dinner at Red Robin. We all love going to this restaurant. It's loud, kid friendly and they have balloons.


After dinner Mike had to go by to get his new cell phone taken care of. They have this great way of transferring all of the numbers in your current cell phone over to your new cell phone.

While he and Griffin were in the phone store doing that I walked next door to For Eyes to have my glasses adjusted. They have been so out of whack for awhile now ... it was good to get them straightened up. They are tight on my face again and I don't feel discombobulated any more.

The great thing is while I was in there, I ordered two new pairs of glasses. They were on special for 2 for $99. As the lady was writing up my order she asked if I wanted one pair of them to be sunglasses. I've never had prescription sunglasses before ... so I said yes!! I'm soooo excited. Both pairs of glasses will be ready in about a week. When I get them I'll be sure to share a picture with you.

Today Griffin will have some fun playing with one of our neighbors. He will be joining us at the gym and after that we'll be coming home for lunch and more playtime.

I hope you all have a great day!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great deal on glasses. And one pair is sunglasses. Jerome has one pair of his done as sunglasses last time we went. He loved them. Unfortunately, he made the mistake of cleaning them with a wipe from like Sonny's and it ate holes in the tint. So make sure you don't do that. We desperately need new glasses. Just have to find a time to make an appointment for the eye doctor. Can't wait to see your new glasses. Have fun today.

Cecile said...

Have fun today Missy and Griffin:))
Cecile

Wendy said...

I love Red Robin, they are the only restaurant around that will serve guacamole on your hamburger YUM!! AND they have Balloons!

Can't wait to see your glasses, have a great day!

Sue said...

Red Robin is one of my favorite places to get a good hamburger. The one with pineapple is fantastic!! I sure wish I could get glasses for that price. I'd love to have a pair of pricription sunglasses. I looked into getting them when I got my newest pair in May but they were just too expensive for me. I have tri focals and the lenses are just too expensive. Have a fun day!

Jill LaFaye said...

I LOVE Red Robin!

I get the Bleu Ribbon Burger..
served with tangy steak sauce, topped with crumbled bleu cheese, served with onion straws, lettuce, tomatoes, and zesty Chipotle mayo on an onion bun.
$9.79

Yes..I looked up the menu online:)

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

sounds like a great price for glasses. Having prescription sun glasses is waay cool if your out in the sun a lot----but kinda annoying when your in and out frequently, ---always changing glasses to see properly.and of course its very rude to talk to someone and Not remove one's sun glasses when talking with them. When the last time you and your hubby picked a restaurant and not have to worry about it being kiddy friendly? (think about it)

Gary
http://threescoreplusten.blogspot.com/

Judi said...

How fun was that!!! Please let us see when you get them in.

Anonymous said...

never been to Red Robin but we have one locally.

Great price for 2 pairs of glasses!