Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cute Things Griffin Is Saying.

I'm in a nostalgic mood lately. I've been searching through the pictures on my computer and I came across this one of Griffin and me.


I know it was taken in 2005, however without looking it up, I honestly can't remember the month. He was at least six months old, as I can see the baby food on his bib. I still had good hair and good skin in this picture, leftover from my pregnancy days ... lol.

===================================
Griffin has been pretty talkative and funny lately.

Here's some of my favorites ...

The other day he woke up from his nap and I could hear him on the monitor saying "I want to see Mommy" ... "I want to see Mommy" ... over and over. I walk into the room and this is what he said ...

G: Big Mommy ... with his hands held out for a hug

M: Ummmm .... what did you say????

G: Big Mommy ... pointing at me

M: I said nothing ... must have had the look of shock on my face

G: And then he pointed to himself and said baby Griffin

Oh okay ... I got it ... he was thinking about his favorite tv show (Hi-5). On the penguin part of the show the baby penguin calls himself baby penguin and he calls his mommy Big Mommy ... he wasn't being disrespectful.

Can you imagine what was going through my mind at this point? My son will NOT be calling me Big Mommy or Big Momma. Never. Period.

====================================
Last night Griffin was laying in Mike's lap. It was quite a bit past his bedtime and he was really tired. Mike started singing:

Go to sleep,
Go to sleep,
Go to sleep little baby,
Go to sleep,
Go to sleep,
Go to sleep little one.

Griffin looked up at his Daddy and said:

Daddy you funny, that's Mommy's song.

Awwwwwww ... I thought that was the sweetest thing!!

======================================
And finally ... Griffin's favorite song to sing lately is "You Are Some Kind Of Wonderful". I love that he sings this song. Again, it's from his favorite tv show
Hi-5 ... this is his version and he does all the little dance moves to it to ...

You are some kind of wunnerfulllll ...
WUN-NER-FULLLLLL ...
You are everting to meeeeeee ...
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah ...
(repeat, repeat, repeat)

I have to order this CD for him

=======================================
Mike is officially on vacation beginning today. It's going to be a stay-at-home, work around the house vacation. I'm really looking forward to it!!

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Sunday!!!

Love that picture of you and Griffin, you look like his sister, not his mommy, so young looking..

Now you have the words for any scrapbook page. Love stories about sweet things kids say!

Jill LaFaye said...

I love this post. Very sweet:)

I started laughing outloud about..nobody calling you BIG MAMMA. I agree!

Jill LaFaye said...

Oh one more thing..
I have a request:

This is for Andi-
I don't think that you visit my blog..so I am going this route..I was wondering if you could send me an invitation..so that I could read your blog? Thanks!

Judi said...

I love the words. You should write them down to us in the future before you forget. How sweet is he!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VACATION, MIKE! I know you are thrilled to have your husband home for the week. And kids DO say the darndest things, don't take them personally. Griffin has the best Mom in the world (well, next to my kids LOL) and he knows it. Happy Memorial Day and please say a prayer for all of those serving to protect this country for all of us.

Andi said...

What a cute picture! And for the record...you still have great skin and hair!!!

Oh...I just read jilly's comment. I'm sending an invitation your way Jilly!

And I don't want anyone calling me "big" anything! I remember once when Gene called me a "big ass baby" and I didn't speak to him for 2 days! He said it wasn't in reference to the size of my behind...but rather to the fact that I was a big baby. Hmmm...I may still be mad about that!!!

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

every time I finish reading your blog posts, I find myself humming that Song the McGuire sistes had a big hit with, "SUGAR, SUGAR"---SO SWEEEEEEEEEEEET. (and so nicely illustrated too)

Cecile said...

I hear ya girl nobody wants to be associated with the word Big!!
I think your hair and skin look great in the photos on your blog:))
Cole still says some of the darndest things and he's 9!
Have a great night Missy!!Happy Vacation Mike!!
Cecile:))

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy, Just a suggestion, but you should record Griffin singing his songs and talking to you. I made a tape when Nicole was 3 or 4 (in December she will be 29) and I just love listening to it. She said her ABC's and sang. They grow up really fast.

June

Sue said...

Hi Missy...I just LOVE that picture of you and G...so cute. I agree with Wendy..you look so young in that picture, like you are babysitting someone's little boy..lol
Happy Vacation to you and Mike...dont' work him too hard! lol