Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Out With The Old.

Mike and I have had our living room furniture since we've been married. That would be 13 years. As you can probably tell, I chose the couch and recliners when I was really into my country decorating phase. The couch is hunter green and off white check and the recliners were matching dark green.

Honestly, I really LOVED this furniture. But, we needed an update because the recliners were pretty much trash and the couch, well ... it had seen it's better days.

I have to say ... we've sat on this furniture and shared so many memories with so many people. We experienced so many holidays and birthdays. We shared many Sunday morning breakfasts with my Daddy, enjoying our cinnamon rolls there. Our dear sweet Wyatt slept on this couch. We brought Griffin home and shared many special moments on this couch. It was very, very hard for me to finally give in and get new furniture. As I've said before, I grow very attached to certain things. This ugly furniture was one of them.


We decided to donate our old furniture to Goodwill. Griffin thought it was pretty cool to climb all over the couch when it was in the trailer.


And here we say goodbye to our old furniture. It looked really sad sitting out there all alone (sniff, sniff). I hope a loving family will adopt it and love it as much as I did.


And this is our new furniture. We chose a dark brown leather couch and matching recliner. Both ends of the couch are recliners, which is great. The dark brown leather works really well for us. With a 3-year-old it's easier to clean up spills and messes on the leather. Mike chose the matching pillows. They are a mustard yellow (they match the walls) and a burnt red. We also have a new matching rug. I love it. I really love it.

It was hard to let go of the old ... but I really LOVE the new.

7 comments:

Cecile said...

That's some nice leather furniture Missy!I know that you will enjoy it!! And a new family will make lots of memories w/ your other furniture that you donated.I think thats great!
Take care:))
Cecile

Judi said...

New furniture is always fun!!

Andi said...

Great leather sofa Missy! Loving the new makes it a bit easier to part with the old. Just hang onto those wonderful memories you have.

Sue said...

Love the new furniture! I'm so very happy that you took the time to donate your old furniture to Goodwill. Did you know that through the sale of donated items, Goodwill helps people with disabilities or other barriers to employment prepare for and find jobs in the community?
Thanks for donating Missy!
Love the pillows too.

Honeyed Hashette said...

Love the new sofa!
It looks great!

Anonymous said...

i need a recliner so my fat butt can sit and recline all night!

Susie Q said...

The new furniture is really pretty Missy! Looks comfy too.
I know what you mean about the attachment. I am like that to. Just hold onto those memories and, well, you can always look back at the pictures!
Enjoy your new pretties!

Love,
Sue