Sunday, February 24, 2008

Paula Deen Overload.

Mike was out of town yesterday, so I had the opportunity to catch up on some of the DVR'd recordings of Paula's Home Cooking. Oh my gosh ... she of course had some wonderful recipes ... but I just have to say ... the Lady's Breakfast Burger was my favorite.

Get this ... a wonderfully, juicy hamburger ... served with an egg on top ... then bacon on top of that ... and then it's served on a Krispy Kreme donut. Yes!!! I said a Krispy Kreme donut. I knew that I loved Paula Deen before ... but after seeing this ... well ... I just know that we could be great friends!!!

And then last night I recorded two episodes of Paula's Party. I haven't had a chance to watch those. After Paula's Party, Bobby Flay's Throwdown was on. You will never guess who he was throwing down against! Paula Deen! They had a country fried steak throwdown. He had watched an episode of Paula's show to see how she made it and then came up with an idea similar (but totally different) than hers. When the throwdown happened Paula surprised him!! It was great. Instead of serving a white peppered gravy over the country fried steak as she did on that episode, she made a brown gravy with onions. After she fried the steak she put the country fried steak in the brown gravy and served it that way! Yum!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Paula won the throwdown of course ... what else did we expect?

I am sooooo in the mood to make some country fried steak for dinner. But we are having blackened seared salmon, wild rice and stir fried veggies.

Maybe tomorrow night ...

8 comments:

Andi said...

I watched Paula's Party too Missy!!! Love that girl and I thought the "Throw Down" segment with Bobby Flay was wonderful. They did it outside on Bubba's patio where Gene and I ate. It was fun seeing it again.

I actually got a big kick out of the earlier show with Carson Kresley and The Fonz, Henry Winkler too.

Judi said...

I love Paula Dean. She is not good for you if you are dieting. I forgot to record this event I saw it on a commercial. She made a Salmon that was baked the other day that looked out of this world. I can't wait to try that.

Jill LaFaye said...

I {heart} Paula Deen..I would love to dine at the "Lady & Sons" restaurant in Savannah. Anyone up for a trip to Georgia?

Sue said...

Not too sure about the burger on a Krispy Creme...maybe(and that's a BIG maybe) a sausage patty. Now I LOVE donuts and I LOVE hamburgers..but NOT together!! lol
Hamburger first...donut for desert.
I'm feelin a bit better now..will email you tomorrow. Have a great weekend..the Salmon sounds yummy!

Cecile said...

Hi Missy
I also watched Paula's party and Throwdown last night I wanted some country fried steak today too.I will have to add that to my shopping list for this week it looked soooo good w/ the brown gravy and onions!!Yummy!! I like the way my mom fries up cubed steak and then makes the gravy the way Paula does and the onions and eat w/ mashed potatoes OMG it's so GOOD..Wish I could make it as good as she does:))Anyway I will have to get her to make me some this week.Take Care, Cecile

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a pregnant woman's dream dish...ugh!

Wendy said...

Yummo as Rachael Ray says!
I love cube steak and gravy, one of my favorites!

License to Grill is also a favorite of mine, that is my favorite show, that guy can cook up some stuff on the grill!

Anonymous said...

I saw the hamburger episode too and since I'm on week six of weight watchers it seemed totally sinful! I really would love to take just one bite to see what all those combinations taste like. So many different flavors--egg, bacon, hamburger and donuts! Love that woman!