Friday, May 25, 2007

Something To Think About.


The other day I was watching Oprah ... along with Bob Green, Oprah chose 5 people to participate in a weight loss program. One of the ladies participating was a stay-at-home-mom and she wrote something in her journal that kind of stayed with me.

She wrote:
"Other than raising my children, which I know is important, I feel like my life is meaningless and uninteresting".

I've been there. Feeling the same way.

But then, I realized ...
I needed to make some friends.
I needed to get out of the house.
I needed to be a participant.
I needed to enjoy life.

Don't get me wrong ... I still have THOSE kind of days every once in awhile, but knowing I have this sweet little guy to guide through life ... THAT gives my life meaning. Even just helping him to discover daisies for the first time (as in the picture above) ... that IS interesting.

I have a very important job.
I am a stay-at-home-mom.
And I love it.

4 comments:

Andi said...

Missy, you have the most important job there is!!! And you do it very well!!!

Hey, have you read Paula Deen's Memoir yet? On page 215 she talkes about going to the funeral of her Aunt Jessie...from Eagle Lake, Florida!!! Now I wonder who in the world her relatives are in Eagle Lake. I'm going to ask Paula at the Post Office...I'll bet she knows...after all Eagle Lake is not that big of a place. I would have gone to her Aunt's funeral...is that terrible of me to say...I would have!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can so relate to that quote you stated. So me.

Colors of Me said...

Oh my, I feel like that all the time! But we do have the most important job of all. Without us, our kids would not grow up to be the successful adults that we know they will become! I love that picture of G. He is soo adorable!

Wendy said...

Never feel unimportant in this world. You are a special person with a special gift.

Everyone is important in this world, children or no children. God made everyone for a purpose, it's our job to find out what that purpose is.

This is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen. You definetly need to print a big one for the wall.