Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day At The Strawberry Festival

I was treated like a Queen on Mother's Day ... ya'll it was the BEST day ever!

We all woke up pretty early, but since it was Sunday (and Mother's Day) we all snuggled in the bed together for awhile. After we came downstairs, Mike made an orange cranberry breakfast cake for us ... it was delicious!

Then we went to the Strawberry Festival at Chesterfield Berry Farm ... it was so much fun. There was so much for all of us to do together. And we met up with our friends Heidi, Jeff, Ryan and Evan.

Later Sunday evening Mike grilled up the BEST hamburgers and hotdogs and I added some french fries and Paula Deen's cheesy corn-on-the-cob ... AND we ate outside on the deck.

It was the PERFECT day ...

Here's some fun pictures of us at the Strawberry Festival.


This is all of us ... not the greatest picture of me (my eyes were closed)


Mike and Griffin looking for the perfect strawberry


Yummm ... strawberries straight from the earth ...


Even more strawberries ...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice.

NJ berries seem to be crappy anymore. They smell soooo good but they suck. Our berries come in the last week of May into the 2nd or 3rd week of June

Jolene George said...

That does sound like the perfect day! I would love to go pick fresh strawberries! I'd like some of Mike's cake, hamburgers and hotdogs too. So glad you had such a wonderful mothers day.

TK Angels said...

So glad you had the best Mother's Day!! You deserve it!! Strawberries? UMM can't wait for our Strawberry Fetival in 2 weeks.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Colors of Me said...

MMMMM orange cranberry cake sounds so yummy!

Cheryl Wray said...

Ahh...looks like a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!!
And I love the strawberry patch pictures!!!!

Betty Jo said...

Missy I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day! Your photos are awesome. My day was awesome too. I grew up in Florida near Plant City where there is a huge strawberry festival each year. I truly miss that. Wish I could have been with you in that strawberry patch. Yummy! xoxo

Wendy said...

What a Fun day!! I love days like that. I must have that Paula Dean Cheesy Corn on the Cob recipe.

Susie Q said...

A perfect day! I love strawberries and festivals so when the 2 are combined , it is Heaven! : )

Happy Mom's Day...a little late! : )

Love the pics of little G in the water spray!

Love,
Sue

Andi said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Those strawberries look wonderful!