Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend.


This is a sweet little collection of some of my favorite things I used in a center piece for this weekend. The greenery and daisies came straight from my yard. The American Flag is something I kept from a visit to Washington, DC several years ago. If I remember correctly they gave them away while we were visiting Arlington National Cemetary. And I've placed all of these sweet pieces in one of my favorite Williamsburg Pottery vases.

Sweet. Simple. Summery.

Mike arrived home on Saturday and after picking him up at the airport we had lunch at Uno's Chicago Pizza. Yummmmm! I do not really care for "crusty pizza" too much, I like really thin crust ... but this deep dish pizza was to die for!!

Sunday we had a cookout with the Bishops (Heidi, Jeff, Ryan & Evan). That was alot of fun to get our families together again.

Monday felt like Sunday all day long. Mike finished staining the remaining pieces of Griffin's play set. That means we can begin putting it together this coming weekend. He is going to love playing on it.

Today ... it was back to the Y for some more swimming ... fun, fun, fun!!

I'm going to try to work tonight. I've got alot of ideas swimming around in my head and I want to create something new!! Maybe I will be able to share some fun, new things in a few days.

7 comments:

Andi said...

Love your Memorial Day centerpiece! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Uno's Chicago Pizza sounds yummy. I don't know of any of those here in Florida. Are they a chain pizza restaurant or a family owned? I prefer the thin and crispy style crust myself but would certainly be open to trying something new.

Have fun at the pool!

Sandy said...

loved the centerpiece... and i have a couple of pottery pieces from williamsburg as well... great job on that! my husband always leaves the daisies when he mows, just for a while... it makes a big patch of uncut area of our front field, but daisies make me happy!!

Jolene George said...

I'm so glad you all had a wonderful weekend Missy! I've really enjoyed looking at all of your recent pictures.

Anonymous said...

Have fun creating :)

I totally agree...Monday did feel like a Sunday!

Cheryl Wray said...

That is a beautiful centerpeice!! Love it--so simple and sweet!
Chicago Pizza sounds wonderful!! When we went to Chicago several years back, it was one of my favorite things!!

TK Angels said...

I also love your Memorial day centerpiece! I am not really excited about Uno pizza. Sorry!?

New idea? A bear angel :)

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Susie Q said...

Love the centerpiece...I have a few pieces of Williamsburg pottery! So pretty.

UNO has great deep dish! We only have one and it is downtown. Don't get there often but it IS good!

Daisies are so dear...as they say in You Got Mail, they are the friendliest flowers! : )

Enjoy the Y and all the swimming!

Glad you had a special holiday!

Love,
Sue