Friday, May 04, 2007

Inspiration.


It's funny the places we can find inspiration to be creative. For me, the inspiration to create this paper piecing was found just by looking out my kitchen window. I looked outside and saw Griffin's beach ball in the woods behind our house. Instantly I knew I wanted to create a "water" paper piecing, featuring a beach ball of course (I knew I had a sticker) ... and then the fun began! I'm pleased with the way this turned out. Finally ... I was able to create something!

Yesterday I was overwhelmed with emotion while watching The Queen's visit to Richmond. I guess it had alot to do with the fact that I had just read the book "A Royal Duty" by Paul Burrell. He was at one time Queen Elizabeth's footman (I think) and then went on to be Princess Diana's butler and close confidant. I read this book on the way home from Florida while in the car ... it was fascinating. Of course he shared all of the rules, pomp and circumstance to be on staff at the royal household. It was fascinating to see Americans reacting to The Queen. In my opinion we are a much more touchy, feely society than England (my opinion) ...

One interaction really caught my eye. Two ladies were holding flowers out for The Queen (she received every bouquet of flowers that was offered to her). She shook the first lady's hand ... but then by-passed the second lady that offered her hand to shake ... but the Governor was right behind The Queen and I guess he too saw what happened ... he took the 2nd lady into a great big bear hug. I was amazed and happy to see the Governor do this.

I haven't had a chance to read richmondtimesdispact.com today for all of the highlights ... but I will later today.

I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's very cute Missy!

Wendy said...

Love the new Piece, all that from a beach ball in the woods. Who would have thunk it!

Isn't it cool having the Queen so close. Va. is all a buzz

Have a Great weekend

Cassandra said...

You are so darn creative! I love the "Unrepeatable Miracle" piece you have on ebay. How do you do your lettering....stamps?

TK Angels said...

You are so creative. Do you think you can brush some creative dust on me?

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Andi said...

Love your new piece and the quote as well! Missy, you'll always find inspiration in the things around you...you just have that way about you. One of the many things that make you so wonderful!

Colors of Me said...

Love this new piece, but I am really lovin the piece that I got in the mail today!!! You rock!!! I love it!!!! You really do create wonderful pieces!

Nonie said...

Missy, that is so cute! I love all your designs.

Anonymous said...

Oh Missy, where are you? Hope you're okay.