Friday, February 23, 2007

Mexico.



Mike returned home last night from his business trip to Mexico. He was gone a week. Seven days. We missed him very much!

He worked CRAZY hours while he was there ... honestly he probably worked 90+ hours during the week he was gone. He's upstairs sleeping now. We are trying to be as quite as possible so Daddy can get some rest.

This is a picture of Mike and Griffin right before he left for the airport for his flight to Mexico. I always take a picture of Mike and Griffin before he goes away on a business trip or takes a flying lesson. Is that weird? I don't know ... I always want to have a picture ... you know ... just in case. I do not have one picture of me and my mom together. That's sad isn't it? I think that's why it's so important of me to do this.

Anyway .. Mike/Daddy's home ... and we are going to shower him with love and kisses today.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Mike!

No, it's not weird, I think it's a good idea to take those photos. Photographs are what keep memories alive once we lose a special someone.

Sheila said...

I can imagine how happy you are to have Mike home safe and sound. I love the picture of Griffin and Mike. Come to think of it, I don't have a picture of just me and my mom together either (well a few when I was a little girl) but nothing recent. Now it's too late as she passed away a couple of years ago.

Cheryl Wray said...

Great picture!!!
I take pictures of EVERYTHING and I just think it's SO important. You don't want to lose someone and not have pictures to remember them by!! AND, so important to get yourself in pictures with your friends and family member!
Totally normal to do that!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Amy said...

I know you ae thrilled to have Mike back home. A week's a long time to have him away and to take care of everything by yourself.

TK Angels said...

It is a good idea to take pics. Just don't forget mom. Have Mike hold the camera occasionally. Pictures of mom are nice also :)

Welcome home Mike.

Take care,
Terri

Andi said...

Great picture of G and Mike! Take lots of pictures and I recommend writing the name and date on the back. My Grandma used to tell me to do that and I laughed and said I would "never forget" my friends and classmates names. Well...time has a way of making one forget. I have a suitcase full of pictures that are members of my family from "way back when" and I haven't a clue as to who they are. And no one is left in my family that can idenitfy them. Write it down!!!

robin c. said...

Enjoy your weekend with your family. A week is a long time to be without your best friend.

Anonymous said...

Have faith. =) Get some pics of yourself with Griffin even when Mike is not home, use the timer.

I keep all of you in my prayers daily. Huge hugs, Tricia