Sunday, January 07, 2007

Popeyes ...

Growing up one of my favorite things was having a Popeye for breakfast. Yesterday I made Griffin one for the first time ... and he loved it! It's really easy and kids seem to really like them.


Take a piece of bread and cut a hole in the center using a biscuit cutter, or a small glass. Butter the bread on each side and place it in a pan ... then just drop the egg in the middle. I break the egg up ... who wants a runny Popeye, right? Then cook on both sides ...


Voila ... a Popeye ... serve with a little syrup and it's a delicious breakfast!

7 comments:

Andi said...

How cute and yummy! I want one too!!! Missy, I've never even heard of these...guess they didn't know about fixing them in Indiana! It looks so good on your pretty plate!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! Can you make me one too?: )
Your plates are so pretty too! What a sweet morning wake up!

I hope you all have a special Sunday together!

Love and hugs,
Sue

robin c. said...

Missy, love your dishes..what kind are they??? When I was growing up we called your "popeyes" toad in a hole...funny huh?

Cheryl Wray said...

Yummy! Looks good!
I like to do make french toast, so next time i do that I may have to try one of these (some of the same ingredients! lol)

Scrapbook Layout Ideas said...

This was the only way I could get my son (now a Police Officer!)to eat eggs when he was little. He now makes them like this himself! You can also use cookie cutters for a different shape!
Cheri

Jolene George said...

I make these, but call them birds nests. I like the name popeyes...cute!

Anonymous said...

My dad used to make them for me growing up! Exept, we always called them EGGS IN A BASKET?! They certainly were yummy then and i have passed the delicious delight on to my 4 boys!