Saturday, January 13, 2007

Our Week In Review ...


After blogging about destiny yesterday ... my friend Andi suggested I repost the picture of Mike and me from our Senior Prom ... way back in 1985? Can you believe this is us? Our Prom was held at Disney World ... oh the magic!

Our "boring" life got a little more active the past few days.

Wednesday found us at the gym in the morning. Afterwards we went out to lunch with our friends at the little Chinese restaurant in Goochland. Later that day I realized I was out of gold brads and asked Mike if we could go to Michael's after we ate dinner. So ... we did. We also went to Home Depot and Lowe's looking for a heat gun for Mike, but we never found one. I suggested we try Walmart thinking they might have one ... no luck finding a heat gun there, but I was able to get groceries while we were there. Mike hardly ever goes to the grocery store with me ... so it was nice he was able to help me choose some things I normally wouldn't get.

Thursday I found I was out of navy blue paper. So, after a trip to the post office we headed to Ben Franklin. They were having a paper sale, so I loaded up on cardstock. Mike called me around lunch time and asked if I wanted to head over Northern Tools to look for the much needed heat gun (he wants to use it this weekend). I said sure. Then he suggested we go to Outback for dinner. I wasn't going to say no to that suggestion. Well, they did not have the heat gun at Northern Tools, so we decided to try one more place, and honest to goodness I can not remember the name of the store ... but it's a tool store ... and they had it. Instead of going to Outback, we decided to have dinner at Carraba's ... it's a delicious Italian restaurant, much like Olive Garden. Our meal was wonderful!

Friday we had our first official playdate with friends ... and it was so much fun. Heidi invited Griffin over to play with Ryan and Evan. She has a beautiful home ... the kind of home where you feel welcome the minute you walk in the door. She was so at ease ... I was a little on edge at first, but I feel as though I finally did relax. Griffin has not been in too many homes other than ours and his Grandmas. I really did not want him to break anything, or get into anything he shouldn't. Heidi was great about letting Griffin explore ... and explore he did. Twice I could not find him, and he did not answer me when I went looking for him. Once he was found upstairs. The second time he had closed the door to the master bedroom and decided to turn on the water faucets in her huge bath tub. I was beside myself when he did that ... I can NOT believe he actually did that. We had a nice lunch, good conversation, and it was really nice to let the boys play together.

This weekend we have no set plans. Mike has a flying lesson this morning ... he hasn't been up in 3 weeks due to the holidays and weather. It's actually supposed to rain all weekend. I think Mike has plans to put siding on the front of the addition, however if it rains that will not be possible. I think it's going to be a stay-in-the-house and make chili kind of weekend.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!!
You look like you're about 12 he he

Anonymous said...

Agree with you there Missy. I am making chili this weekend too. I'm in Virginia as well...Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and we are expecting rain too. I read your blog all the time but have never posted before. Have a good weekend! Kim

Andi said...

Oh Missy, I just love this picture of you and Mike! You both look so sweet and innocent! And to have had your Prom at Disney World...very magical indeed.

Sound's like your "boring" life got "not so boring" in a hurry! I love Carrabbas! Actually I love their bread and dipping oil...not many calories there I'm sure...but it sure is good. And Gene likes it too so we go there from time to time.

Well, I'm supposed to be cleaning this room I'm in and getting it organized. And reading blogs and leaving comments isn't getting it done.

Anonymous said...

Missy! We feel famous to be mentioned on your blog! We had a great time. Griffin was definitely a little explorer - a brave and curious, not to mention cute-as-a-button, little guy. We adore you both. Come back soon!

P.S. I LOVE THE 80's photo!!!!
Looking forward to meeting Mike someday soon.

Anonymous said...

mssclose is the code to use if you want to stock up on some Primas

www.myscrapshak.com is closing :(

Sheila said...

Missy! I love that picture of you and Mike! How beautiful, and how young you look! That must've been some wonderful night, being held at Disney World!
Glad to hear that you and Griffin had a fun time on your play date!

Anonymous said...

Never mind, there's no Primas listed in the store except for Winter White

Susie Q said...

What a sweet picture...I do not think you have change much at all! Still lovely!
You had a very busy and fun week!
Ooh...I LOVE Carrabas! Yum. Their marsala chicken and potatoes...ooh. Now I am hungry.
Is the month I listed, for your box, okay with you??
Love and hugs,
Sue

Nonie said...

What a cute picture!

Jolene George said...

You two look ADORABLE!
I'm glad you got out and had some fun. It's nice to have a friend to visit with....and for Griffin too.