Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Whadda Wednesday ...



It's Wednesday ... hump day ... and I am DEAD tired. I've been up since 5:00 am ... can't sleep any later than that lately.

Today was "Mommy & Me" at the gym ... we get to the gym and the gym doors are chained shut. I went into the office and asked if they were not having playtime today and the man said yes ... but we have you all set up in the aerobics room because they just had the gym floor redone and no one can walk on it for two weeks. Ugggggh. I hate the aerobics room. It is tiny and dirty and all of the aerobic steps and equipment is everywhere ... not a nice play area for children really. So I decided ... it's okay ... we'll still play. Then it hit me ... the FUMES!! The fumes from when they had the gym floor redone were nauseating. No one else showed up and after only 20 minutes I too decided to leave. As I was leaving my friend Carol and her son Sam showed up. I explained the gym situation and we decided to head to Short Pump Towne Center to let the boys play in the play area and to have lunch. It was sooooooooooo nice. That's the first time we've had a "playdate" with Carol and Sam. She's such a nice lady and Sam is soooooooo cute and well behaved. After enjoying lunch together and saying our good-byes Griffin and I headed to the Scrapbook Store.

I went to Memories Galore to get a snowflake punch. They have sooo much cool stuff in there ... I had to look at it all. I really want to get some of those Prima Flowers ... but I just do not see spending $10 on a bottle of them. Heck, I can go to Walmart, buy a whole bush of flowers, tear them apart and use them the same way for what ... $3? Maybe after the new year I'll break down and buy me some Prima's ...

After Memories Galore we headed to Michael's. I was looking for some stocking stuffers, wrapping paper and a couple of "crafty" kind of gifts for my neighbor boys. Found the wrapping paper, crafty gifts for the kids ... but stocking stuffers. Not really. I'm looking for stocking stuffers for Mike and Griffin. I did find a couple of cute things for Griffin ... but nothing for Mike. Guess I will have to make that Walmart and Target trip after all.

But not today ...

I loaded Griffin in the car and he fell right to sleep. It was 2:00 ... so we headed home. He's still sleeping ... he was one tired little fella.

The picture I posted up above is of our mantle and our stockings ... just thought I would share.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, $10 a bottle for Primas is way too much!! Don't pay more than $6.99 for them. They don't look like it but the bottles last LONG! There are tons of them in the bottles.
One of the sites I frequent has them and she has sales often, I should let you know when she does because then you can grab some while on sale. Shipping is flat rate of $5 per order. Not bad :)
www.myscrapshak.com

Eww on the flooring, probably after a few more minutes you would've gotten a headache.

Andi said...

Your mantle looks so cute!!! I love the snowmen. Your stockings are hung by the chimney with care...and Saint Nicholas will soon be there!

Be strong Missy...don't give in to the Prima flowers. Okay, okay...I confess I was totally weak and ending up buying some after I saw Jen's collection!!! But I obviously paid too much for mine. I'm checking out the site she mentioned.

Glad your play date ended up turning out well. And the gym floor will be so nice after the first of the year for future play.

Anonymous said...

I love Prima flowers...they're just so expensive! I found some awesome flowers just doing what you said...buying some silk flowers at the craft store and taking them apart! They're also more unique that way!

Cheryl Wray said...

Your mantle looks so pretty!!!
I LOVE Primas, but that does seem a little bit high for me. Seems like at my lss they run around $5.99, something like that. But I do LOVE them!!!
I love Michael's too! I actually found a ton of cute stocking stuffers in there at their $1 area, a couple of weeks back.
That stinks about the gym and the fumes. I would have definitely left too!

Anonymous said...

Pooh! That stinks about the flooring!

But, I LOVE your mantle! I love snowmen!So pretty and fun!

You get some rest now and take care of yourself!

OH! Isn't Michael's the best? I also love Hobby Lobby but know they are not everywhere.

Have a super Thusday!!

Warm hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Your mantle looks so festive and welcoming!! Sounds like you had a fun day!!

Anonymous said...

Missy,

Seems we think alike. A brad makes a wonderful center for flowers from Walmart. the closes scrapbook store is an hour away, so work with what is a available and the internet. lol

Love your mantle

Happy Scrappin!!