Friday, December 22, 2006

Sweet Gift & The Easiest Pie In The World!

This was going to be my Saturday post ... but I decided to share a recipe and thought I would go ahead and share now in case anyone wants to make it for Christmas ... as it is indeed ... the easiest pie in the world!

But first ... looky what I got in the mail today!! A gift from my very dear friend Julie. I couldn't believe all the stuff she sent me ... let's see ... she KNOWS how much I looove Coca-Cola stuff ... so she sent me a 2007 calendar, a collection of Coca-Cola ornies, some fluffy warm socks, some cool Sensaria product, a delicious smelling candle and a bag of homemade bread recipe ... so I can bake it at home. Julie and I have been great online friends for many years now. She started out as a customer of mine (anyone remember Jangle?) and through the years our relationship has developed into one of my dearest, deepest friendships ever. She still buys my stuff ... and quite honestly I feel VERY funny about that ... but it brings a little smile to my heart when she does ... ... she's such a sweetie! Thank you Julie ... I already called and told you ... but I *LOVE* EVERYTHING!!


Okay ... now on to the easiest pie in the world ... it's called ...
A Hershey Bar Pie ...
Very simple ... very easy ... very few ingredients


Really all you need is
- One small bowl of Cool Whip - thawed
- A graham cracker pie crust - or better yet an Oreo Cookie Chocolate Pie Crust
- 4 Hershey Bars (or more if you want it more chocolately)

And that's it ...


Break the Hershey Bars up and melt them over low heat in a sauce pan ...


Get them good and melted ...


Fold in the Cool Whip ...


Then pour into your graham cracker pie crust.

Then just pop it in the freezer and after a few hours it is ready to serve.

In years past, I poured the pie mixture into an Oreo Cookie Chocolate Pie Crust ... but my grocery store was sold out of them when I went. And then you can top the pie with Hershey Kisses to dress it up ... I forgot those.

This is one *DELICIOUS* pie ... and just too easy to make.

Let me know if you make it!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so put it into the freezer?
it does sound good, yummy!

Andi said...

Sure looks good to me!!! I'm just afraid I'd eat the Hershey bars before I ever got them melted!!!

Jolene George said...

Julie is a sweetheart of a friend!
That pie looks great...I'm starving!

Anonymous said...

I'm buying the ingredients today...I'm going to make it to take to my Mom's tomorrow night, I'll IM you or email if I get stumped, LOL

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful friend!

That pie sounds yummy. I think we will make it after Christmas. I will let you know!

You are just sospecoal Missy. I consider you one of my gifts this year. A new blogging buddy! Thank you for that.

Enjoy your holiday with your family. God Bless.
Hugs,
Sue