Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Friendship ... and stuff

Today was gym day ... much to my dismay I woke up with my sick period headache. Since I didn't get a headache last Thursday (as I usually do) I thought I would be "headache free" this month. No such luck. I was sick, very sick. Of course Griffin woke up early, so when we came downstairs I layed down on the couch. I must have dozed off because when I realized that I had fallen asleep I woke up to find my baby sitting on my feet stroking my leg. He was taking care of me ... my dear sweet angel. I decided to go ahead and go to the gym because G really needed some play time with other kids and I'm really glad I went because I felt much, much better by the time we left the gym. I guess what they say is true ... laughter really is the best medicine.

Since I wasn't feeling good this morning (I didn't even have coffee) I didn't sign on the computer until late afternoon. When I went to check my email I had several emails from my girlfriends asking me where my blog was and checking to make sure I was okay. Apparently something happened with Blogger and my Blog completely disappeared. I don't know what happened ... but it's back now.

I have to tell you ... after getting the emails from my girlfriends wondering if I was okay ... I realized just how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends. I'll be very honest ... it made me feel very special and cared about. When you are alone as much as I am you, it's sometimes nice to know there are people out there that care about you. Don't get me wrong, I know my husband loves me and when he is away from home we talk many times a day ... but it's just really nice to know that my girlfriends cared enough about me to find out what was going on. THANK YOU. You all know who you are and I'm sending you a great big cyber hug and some sweet Griffy kisses too.

So ... let me tell you about this great experience I had ordering from amazon.com. I've never ordered anything from them before. The other day I decided to do a little online Christmas shopping. I ordered on November 10th and they offered free shipping if I chose their "Super Saver Shipping Option". Which basically meant it would ship in 10 days or less. Since Christmas is more than a month away it didn't really need to get here any faster than that. Well, I got an email on November 14th that it had shipped and guess what???? It arrived today!! Oh my goodness I was soooooo happy. If you order from amazon.com and the Super Saver Shipping Option is available on the item you are purchasing I definately recommend it. I give it an A+!


Me ... Oh My ... What could be in this big box from amazon.com????


Why it's a Sesame Street Tool Bench ... now all we have to do is find the drill set!


So let me tell you about our Arby's Restaurant ... it's not just a normal run-of-the-mill Arby's. It's a beautiful huge, lodge looking building. Not only can you get the regular Arby's menu ... you can also get these delicious burritos ...


Not very appetizing you say ?????


How about THIS???? They are delicious ... better than any Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. I'm not sure why or how they sell these (they also offer burrito bowls too). I'm just glad they do. One of these and a small jamocha shake for dinner and I am set!

Now that my headache is gone, I've had a terrific play time with my son, my girlfriends checked up on me, I had a delicious dinner ... AND ... Emmit and Cheryl WON Dancing with the Star! I can go to bed with a smile on my face and happiness in my heart. Love to you all ... good night.

2 comments:

Andi said...

I'm so glad your day turned out so much better than it started! I agree friends that care are wonderful!

Your Arby's sounds way cool. You'll have to take a picture and post it on your blog. The burrito looks yummy to me. Ours doesn't have those but I love their chicken salad wraps.

I was going to take my camera to Nells one morning when we were going for breakfast and post it on my blog...but Gene thought I was out of my mind...so I left the camera at home. Guess he thought some of the patrons might not take too well to being photographed...lol!!! I haven't recognized anyones picture at the post office!

Jolene George said...

That's what friends are for...and I'm so glad you're feeling better and also so happy to have your blog back. My heart sank everytime I clicked on it and saw plain green screen. I just don't know how I'd cope with not being able to "see" you everyday. I need a daily Missy fix. :o)
Why doesn't MY arby's have that??? It does look delicious!
Griffin is so going to love that!!!