Friday, November 24, 2006

Andi, Uncle Santa & The Festival Of Trees

As you may know we are currently in Florida on vacation.

My friend ANDI, Griffin and I met today for lunch at Olive Garden ... it was so nice to catch up and chat. The food was delicious but the company was even better. It was soooo nice to see Andi.


After lunch we headed over to an annual event they have every year in Winter Haven. It's called "The Festival of Trees" and it's so lovely. Trees are decorated in many different themes and they have many things for children to do.


For me, the highlight of the event every year is seeing Santa Claus. This is a very, very special Santa. Santa is actually my brother Jerome. He plays Santa during the holiday season at many different events. So it's nice to be able to go and visit with "Uncle Santa". Griffin walked right up to Santa, he wasn't scared at all. That made "Uncle Santa" very, very happy I think. The picture above is of Santa, Andi and Griffin. The picture below is Santa, Griffin and Me.


This is a look at several of the different Christmas Trees


And even more trees ...


This year they also had a Gingerbread House contest ... it was fabulous!
Here you will see my favorite three Gingerbread Houses


This is a McDonald's Restaurant Gingerbread House


This is a Log Cabin Gingerbread Church


And finally ... my favorite I think ... The Orange Dome Gingerbread House. Anyone from Winter Haven knows about the Orange Dome ... it's a staple around here. It houses the "Florida Citrus Showcase" ... they have the Orange Festival on the grounds here every year. At one point they painted it like a big baseball because the Cleveland Indians spring train here in Winter Haven, however they have painted it back to look like and orange ... the way it's SUPPOSED to be.

Wow ... coming home makes me miss it even more. What a GREAT day!

5 comments:

Teresa AKA: T said...

I have the biggest smile on my face as I type, Thanks Missy for sharing your wonderful pictures and I'm glad your having a great time in florida..... Your Friend in Cyber-Space.... Teresa

Andi said...

Missy, it was so much fun seeing you and Griffin today. Thank you so much for treating me to Festival of Trees. It was like a Winter Wonderland in there! I loved how Griffin just climbed right up to see Santa. I know your brother just had to adore that too.

I may be posting similar pictures on my blog today. My favorite 3 gingerbread houses were the exact same ones you picked. Great minds think alike!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Jolene George said...

I loves seeing pictures of you guys together...cuteness!!! I'm SO excited that you got together. How neat to see all those trees and gingerbread houses. Do I see fettuccini alfredo on your table? That's my favorite! :o)

Anonymous said...

Great pics of you and Santa!
Love how kids awlays want to pull or tug on Santa's beard....

That Festival looks way cool! Thanks for sharing!

Teresa AKA: T said...

Oh, wow, I was looking through your blog and I just notice that is Andi in the picture with Uncle Santa and G... Too Cute...